Are you interested in a career with Mears? At Mears, people are at the heart of what we do and core to our business success. As such w e are recruiting for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and experienced Health and Safety Manager to join our growing and expanding team. If you want to be part of an organisation who is a market leader within the Housing industry, then this role could be the opportunity for you.
Ideally you will based from the Aberdeen branch of Mears, you will report directly into the Head of SHEQ and be an expert in all aspects of SHE. As the Regional SHE Manager you will implement the Company SHE Policy and systems on all Works within the North Scotland area. Using your methodical and systematic approach you will monitor compliance with the Mears policies, procedures, systems and provide support to the operational teams where necessary. You can instill a strong SHE culture within all staff and subcontractors working on Mears Group contracts, reporting non-compliance to Managers
Other responsibilities also include –
- To ensure that all employees and subcontractors carry out their work in a safe manner and in compliance with SHE legislation, Company Policies, Procedures and contract terms at all times whilst on Mears Group sites
- Carry out & record SHE inspections of sites to ensure that all operating procedures are being complied with, liaising with Managers and Supervisors and where necessary the Head of SHEQ in order to resolve issues arising from these checks.
- Support the branch management in relation to all H&S matters
- Attend monthly SHE meetings with branch management
- Ensure Mears stays at the forefront of health and safety within the industry
- Monitor and provide as required, adequate SHE training for all branch employees and operatives to ensure they are aware of the SHE aspects of their work so that they act accordingly. Ensure also that adequate trained first aiders are available within each branch/region.
- Carry out and/or check the provision of risk assessments within the branch and resolve any issues that arise from the same.
- Investigate and produce detailed reports on any accidents/incidents occurring within the branch
This role involves coverage across the Northern area of Scotland covering Aberdeen, Dundee and Arbroath You will spend your time both in the office & doing site visits so flexibility is key, as is a driving license. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rapidly growing, highly reputable organisation
What do we want you to have?
- NEBOSH qualified, or a similar qualification ie Grad IoSH or working towards CMIOSH
- Significant demostrable experience working in a similar role and across a large similar multiple site business
- A team player who has an engaging style and directing only when necessary
- Calm, patient and assertive, with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Capable of acquiring and applying detailed legal, technical and regulatory information.
- IT – Word, Excel, Power Point and use of general office equipment
Working in Social housing as a SHE Manager will help develop your skills further due to the complex nature of the works carried out. You will be working within a dedicated team of Health and Safety professionals, supporting corporate goals and maintaining Mears at the forefront of health and safety.
If this sounds like a role for you then CLICK on Apply and we look forward to hearing from you..