Reporting to the Programme Director and/or Programme manager, the role of Project Manager is to scope, plan and deliver projects and initiatives to meet specified business needs, controlling resources from several areas (and potentially third parties) to achieve agreed cost, time and quality objectives.
The Project Manager has the overall accountability and responsibility for the progress and successful delivery of the project effort.
Reports To: Programme Director/Programme Manager
Staff: Mostly indirect teams
Budget: USD 0.5MM+
Key Relationships: Heads of all relevant areas within GFS EMEA,
Teams across Business Solutions, Application Development, Testing & iCTO
Clients and third parties as required
This role is responsible for:
- Defining the project brief
- Setting client expectations in respect of deliverables, plans and management of the project.
- Establishing an appropriate project governance structure, in line with Fiservâs programme/project methodology /governance
- Assisting the Client and Sponsor to obtain authorisations and sign-offs on the Business Case
- Documenting the overall project approach, including the phasing strategy and build versus buy options
- Developing estimates of resources, costs and durations and based on these, creating a high-level project schedule and requesting appropriate resources
- Facilitating the development of all elements of the project plans and schedule according to the project brief, i.e. plans for scope, schedule, budget, change management, issues, risk, procurement, testing, training, communication and transition to BAU. Agree plans with all relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring that any impacts of the project on business processes and business continuity are assessed and continually monitored as the project develops
- Managing, maintaining and tracking the overall project plan, controls, budget and work assignments according to established First Data governance
- Reporting project status (schedule, cost, benefit, risk, issues and scope) to all stakeholders on a regular basis
- Organising and facilitating appropriate level of governance meetings, to discuss status reports, provide structured escalation path and determine corrective or preventive actions
- Managing project risks and issues, ensuring that project team members are actively involved in the identification and where appropriate the ownership of risks, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Ensuring that project team members are accurately recording their time spent on project tasks and thus tracking budget accurately
- Ensuring the delivery and acceptance of all deliverables
- Refining resource, cost and duration estimates as the project progresses, ensuring that requests for resources for each phase are supplied sufficiently early to enable them to be secured when needed
- Managing proposed changes in scope, schedule or budget with key stakeholders relaying any impact to cost, schedule or scope and providing a recommended course of action.
- Scheduling, managing and participating in key quality reviews and developing action plans to resolve issues arising
- Maintaining a dialogue with PMO to ensure that defined project processes are followed and that any issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensuring a clean, structured and fully supported transition to BAU
- Providing out of hours cover over implementation weekends when Project goes live
- Take overall responsibility that delivery meets the agreed business purposes.
- Take overall responsibility for delivery of Project through Fiserv Governance to delivery
- Take overall responsibility for delivery of projects to agreed scope.
- Take overall responsibility for delivery of projects to estimates (time and budget).
- Take overall responsibility for delivery of projects to appropriate level of quality.
- Provide clear direction to engagement team members.
- Provide and demonstrate strong problem solving skills to issues/risks in a timely fashion
- Excellent knowledge of application infrastructure and its interdependencies
- Strong knowledge of technical infrastructure and itâs interdependencies
- Good knowledge of core IT processes
- Demonstrates a strong ability to develop relationships in a virtual project team environment
- Strong planning skills
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, and is comfortable at all levels of contact and in a wide variety of situations including external vendors
- Possesses a high level of presentation skills with the ability to adapt to all levels of audience
- Awareness of SLA and OLA management
- Create and maintain relationships with business customers.
- Create and maintain relationships with sponsors.
- Create and maintain relationships with project team members.
- Maintain a clear understanding of industry trends
- Ensure up to date knowledge of core processes.
- Build a knowledge of the business functionality of Fiserv products/modules
- Develop and maintain knowledge of relevant business areas.
- Demonstrate and awareness of the Financial Services and Banking Industries.
- Collaboration, recognising collective effort and working drives success and sustainability in people, products and the wider organisation.
- Conveys the need for a reciprocal understanding of how business is done in different corporate and country cultures.
- Demonstrates ability to know trends outside of Fiserv and understand their possible impact to our business, and have the ability to develop solutions for Fiserv on this understanding
- Demonstrates ability to develop strategic partnerships across Fiserv and its customers and to function effectively in other corporate and international cultures
Key Skills / Attributes
- Significant proven Project Management experience preferably gained within the Consumer Finance industry
- Educated to degree-level in Computer Science, Business, Accounting, Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and English proficiency.
- History of matrix-managing others for the successful completion of a medium to large projects. Having managed full lifecycle projects with inter-dependent or direct resources
- Ability to facilitate meetings, reviews, and workshops involving internal and external participants.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Expert in MSOffice Products especially WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint and MS-Project.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage in a virtual team environment.
- Ability to manage rapid change in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make information-based decisions (includes making decisions based upon little information and to deal effectively with ambiguity) on behalf of your team and to know what decisions should be escalated to senior level management.
- Ability to determine estimates of effort and impacts on a variety of solutions.
- Determination and drive to continually follow-up and validate information.
- In-depth understanding of business processes within Client portfolio.
- Ability to plan and monitor an entire programme consisting of multiple endpoints.
- Self-driven individual with the ability to coach individuals and lead a process of knowledge transfer and mentoring.
- Works independently with internal and external teams.
- Consultancy/SI background
- Experience in Financial Services, ideally cards or payments
- PM Qualification
- Experience with First Vision strongly preferred.
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Subject Matter Expert/Business Analyst in at least one of the following areas strongly preferred:
o Regulatory, Compliance,
o Payment Schemes,
o Card Personalization,
o Application Processing,
o Customer Correspondence (Statements, Letters),
o Fulfillment, Collections,
o Disputes & Chargebacks,
o Testing, and
o Consumer Finance
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Essex-Basildon-Essex-FD UK Janus House
Job Field: Project Management
Job Posting: Sep 13, 2019
Manager Level: L3 – Middle Mgmt/Sr Professional
Employee Status: Regular