Job Title: Product Manager – Core Team
Job type: Permanent
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: Lead Product Manager
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
Technology is central to our continued growth and as such we have invested heavily in our in-house development teams who deliver industry leading web and mobile solutions. The development teams use some of the latest technologies working on greenfield projects and applying modern development practices.
Working as part of the Argus technology department in our central London office, the Product Manager will play a pivotal role in the delivery of world class digital products for our key strategic data, pricing and fundamental initiatives.
You will be responsible for working closely with our internal business functions to define and communicate a clear product vision. This is a hands-on role and you’ll regularly work with stakeholders and senior management throughout the product lifecycle from idea to delivery.
- Develop and communicate a clear technology roadmap in support of Argus strategy, goals and objectives. Where applicable this will also extend to non-IT solutions, such as on-going business processes.
- Responsible for the total management of the product/solution lifecycle, from inception, innovation, build, release through to delivery and support.
- Define success criteria which can be built into the design and development lifecycle and can be measured through analytics
- Ensure the product backlog is up-to-date, visible and accurate to business and customer needs.
- Perform scoping, requirement gathering and analysis with business owners and key stakeholders, sharing feedback and managing timelines.
- Develop and maintain documentation of business requirements, workflows, processes, applications, and data dictionaries as relevant.
- Work with the team to develop a comprehensive set of requirements that address all defined customer needs, ensuring effective communication to assure a complete and consistent understanding of the requirements.
- Work with business owners to ensure bug and enhancement requests are prioritised in line with organisational needs, and are delivered in a timely fashion, keeping business users informed on progress.
- Ensure product solutions and project delivery is in line with budget, objectives and quality standards agreed by business owners.
- Ensure relevant stakeholders at all levels of the business are aware of product developments and where concerns exist, suitable mitigations are proposed and communicated.
- Support business users to ensure smooth transition from development activities into production by providing product knowledge during training, UAT and go live activities.
- Working knowledge of APIs and back-end components in the development of web delivery products.
- Gather architecture and design feedback ahead of time in support on the Core Services and Client Facing product roadmaps, to ensure the removal of dependencies and uninterrupted flow of development.
- Facilitate workshops and deliver presentations to capture requirements and generate feedback.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Product Management, on digital products.
- Proven track record of gathering requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications
- A strong understanding of the technical architecture of complex web applications and web technologies including RESTful APIs is required
- Excellent communicator, able to present product vision, progress and execution at an executive level.
- Strong stakeholder management experience with the ability to align departments throughout the product lifecycle.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clarity of Communication (Precise, Succinct, Effective)
- Highly organised and able to manage individual workload
- Team Player
- Work Flexibility / Adaptability
- Natural Leader
- Takes the Initiative
- Fun / Raises team Morale
- Ability to handle multiple conflicting requirements
- Experience of working in an agile development environment (SCRUM, KANBAN)
- Good knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Knowledge of conceptual data modelling, data flows, data analysis and data profiling
- Experience working with remote development teams
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
- 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply via our website http://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions