Company: Rapiscan Systems Ltd
Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements. Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
The Procurement Manager work with Head of Supply Chain will be responsible for managing all procurement and inventory control activities of the Real Time Tomography Operations.
- Plans and implements activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and material control systems to reduce costs, streamline procedures, and implement solutions.
- Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
- Responsible for sourcing and supplying raw materials, utilities and outside services
- Coordinates with finance/accounting on matters involving inventory carrying costs. Reviews and plans requirements for acceptable inventory.
- May assist with the establishment and maintenance of the production control system.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Extensive experience of Procurement from Purchasing to Sourcing activities
- Experience of working within an engineering and manufacturing environment with strong ability to analyse data
- Clear and proven expreience of negotiation and managing multi pound agreements
- A proven track records of significant cost reduction of both Direct and Indirect commodities
- Continous Improvement mind set with the ability to demonstrate process improvements
- Accountable for Inventory of raw materials through to Finished goods
- Ability to develop and coach the Procurement team while providing support to the Supply Chain
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Project management capabilities
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.