Company: Travis Perkins
Plumbing and Heating Manager (Plumbing & Heating Specialist) – Trade Merchanting Location
ÂŁCompetitive + Benefits (which includes a half yearly colleague bonus, contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance, sharesave scheme, group wide colleague discounts across the Travis Perkins Group (including Wickes and Toolstation). We also have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from airport parking to theme parks to eating out and cinemas. Our working hours also offer a great work life balance – most of our customers choose to enjoy their weekends and bank holidays which means you can too!
The Plumbing and Heating Manager role in Travis Perkins is a challenging yet rewarding position in our business. Reporting directly to the Branch Manager you will support the day to day running of a newly created P&H Department.
As the Plumbing and Heating Manager you will support your Branch Manager and play a vital role in our continued success. Youll support the delivery of our better for colleagues, better for customers strategy at a local level through amazing operational effectiveness and, together, you will lead your teams making sure we are working better for our customers, providing a first class service and keeping colleagues and customers safe at all times.
What will I be doing?
No one day is the same as the next in TP branch life, but here are a few pointers:
- Our success is built on strong relationships with our customers so its essential that you can help coach a team to deliver the highest standards of service.
- With your expertise and knowledge of products and services we offer, you will be a pivotal contact for new and existing customers, nurturing great relationships, understanding their needs in order to offer expert advice and recommending alternatives to meet their individual needs and maximise the sale of goods.
- Being commercially aware, so that you can manage all aspects of your department.
- Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, your aim will be to ensure that all our colleagues and customers leave the Branch safely, by adhering to all stay safe policies and procedures.
What experience do you need?
With 100,000 product lines, previous experience within the Plumbing and Heating sector is essential, along with extensive knowledge of Heating and Bathroom products. We also need transferable skills such as, Inspirational Leadership, Operational Management, Sales Experience and Great Customer Service.
Does this sound like you?
We hope you can say Yes to all of the characteristics below – they are in the DNA of all our fantastic Plumbing and Heating Managers. Are you:
- Passionate, inspirational and an engaging leader, who has the ability to train and develop a successful team, through collaboration and motivation.
- Someone that is highly adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Someone that is highly organised, can plan and prioritise activities.
- Able to spot a great commercial idea, influence, persuade and deliver it.
- Career focused and want to build a career to become a key player in the success of a large PLC?
Being a Plumbing and Heating Manager in TP gives you a fantastic opportunity to excel and to continue to develop your career, if you choose. As a new colleague you will be encouraged to enroll onto a TP development scheme – which are available to colleagues and managers at all levels of our business. How will you know you are doing a great job and developing your career? Simple. We will support you with a development plan, that embraces our values.
You may not know much about Travis Perkins, but if you look a bit closer you might be surprised, despite our size, we have the values of a family run business and the mindset and ambition of a forward thinking Company. We offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across our 20+ leading businesses. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.