Air IT are seeking an experienced, commercial and technically aware IT Projects Manager to lead our established team of IT Project Engineers. Founded in 2005 Air IT has grown from strength-to-strength and is now ranked as a world leading Managed Service Provider. We take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of our workforce.
As our IT Projects Manager, you will responsible for leading and developing a growing team of IT Project Engineers. You will manage the department to ensure the effective delivery of projects, ensuring all projects are delivered to specification, on time and within budget. You will oversee all departmental procedures ensuring that that they remain effective, introducing new ways on working where required.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced IT Project Engineer/Manager with experience of managing and leading a projects team. You will be experienced in delivering IT Infrastructure projects and have the ability support and guide a technical team. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for technology and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Managing and developing the projects department ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Overseeing all department procedures, to ensure they are all carried out effectively and SLAs and customer satisfaction are achieved.
- Monitoring and continually improving and developing the projects department systems and procedures, to ensure they are kept as effective as possible.
- Managing the team workload, ensuring that projects are assigned to the correct resource.
- Engaging with technical and non-technical stakeholders guiding them through the project life cycle.
- Actively coach and mentor the team, providing technical guidance and advising on best practice.
- Manage third parties to achieve project objectives and deliverables.
- Manage full project lifecycle from stakeholder management through implementation, transition and go live
- Ensuring that project engineers adhere to company processes and procedures through regular project reviews.
- Project change control, budget tracking, and resource management.
- Managing the performance of team members through setting objectives, encouraging and supporting development and ensuring staff have the appropriate skill sets.
- Assisting with the delivery of a project if required to ensure that timescales are met, and customer satisfaction is maintained.
Interested? You will need:
- Proven experience managing and leading a projects team
- Knowledge of Project and Service Management principles including Agile, Prince 2, ITIL etc.
- Experience of delivering large, complex IT Infrastructure projects
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Virtualisation Technologies and Environments
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Windows Hyper-V
- Microsoft Azure
- Office 365 (including migrations)
- StorageCraft Backup Software
- Datto Backup Software
- Telephony and VoIP technologies (3CX preferable)
- Router and firewall troubleshooting
- Networking and Infrastructure Technologies
- Current and valid driving licence
- Flexibility with working hours