Key accountabilities for the roles
- Lead on at least one of the Department’s Honours sub-committees, including: working with internal and external stakeholders; providing secretariat support to the Department’s Honours Committees; supporting stakeholders through phone calls and workshops to improve the quality of their citations; identifying ways to improve the pipeline of future nominations.
- Manage appointments: overseeing management of recruitment campaigns for the Department’s Expert Committees; and leading on a range of public appointments, which will require agreeing plans with Ministers, working with others to identify potential candidates, overseeing recruitment processes, and ensuring compliance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, No.10 and Cabinet Office requirements.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Honours operational set-up, including: ensuring operational information is up to date and routinely reviewed and identifying ways to improve the system so that nominations are considered quickly.
- Lead on developing a diversity strategy, including: organising events and other ways to reach out across the health and care system to improve the diversity of Honours nominations, working closely with Cabinet Office to learn from best practice across government.
Key requirements for the role
Both roles require the post holder to have confidence in understanding and operating within a specific operational setup and to learn how to work as efficiently and flexibly as possible. However, there is plenty of scope within the role for the post holder to innovate and oversee new approaches to improve systems.
Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of HR systems;
- Project management experience;
- Operational/administrative experience.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
- Changing and Improving
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension