Fire Safety Team Manager/Fire Rick Assessor Senior Manager
Salary: ÂŁ45,000 with travel allowance
We are Safety Management (UK), part of the Citation Group and we are far from your average fire risk assessment company. The Citation Group is made up of 8 businesses, who proudly deliver services that our 43,000 clients need, want and value. Our mission is to be the company that colleagues, and clients want to work for and with. It’s a really exciting time to join our business and come grow with us.
Due to our continued success, we are expanding our team. In addition to recruiting highly experienced, proven fire risk assessors, we recruit and train people who have a passion for fire safety but haven’t got all the qualifications and experienceâŚyet. We support them through their relevant qualifications, but in order for these individuals to truly become the best fire risk assessors, they need someone to take ownership for their personal development.
With relevant fire qualifications and professional membership, ideally you will also have experience and understanding of fire safety enforcement and specialist advice across a diverse spread of property occupancies:
* High dependency living (aged care, etc).
* Contribute to and implement the agreed strategy for the management and development of the assessment function within the business.
* Uphold the technical standard that must be achieved in terms of both the fire risk assessment itself and the report that is provided to the client.
* Ensure that all fire risk assessments are professionally produced, meet the pre-defined standard and are completed in the timescales which have been promised to the client.
* Build and develop trainee fire risk assessors so that standards and requirements are fully understood in terms of the Regulatory Reform Order and Safety Management (UK) standards, policies and procedures.
* Proactively understand the needs and develop technical excellence across the team.
* Continuously develop the team so that adherence with ISO 9001:2015 and SP 205 (BAFE) will be achieved in all undertakings.
* Provide specialist, technical advice and support in line with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
* Assist with recruitment to ensure assessors consistently deliver the prerequisite level of quality.
* Professional membership of a recognised Fire Safety related body.
* It is essential that you have completed a series of nationally recognised training courses and/or be listed on the national recognised register of fire risk assessors and have the desire to become 3rd party certificated under a UKAS accredited fire risk assessor competency scheme.
* Level 4, level 5 or degree qualified in a fire safety or fire engineering discipline. I.e. Level 5 Diploma in Fire Safety or equivalent.
* Proven and previous experience in the completion of Fire Risk Assessments.
* Recognisable and professional qualification in fire risk assessments.
As this is a regional based role, the successful candidate must hold a valid UK driving licence.
If you are a fire safety professional but are looking to develop others and share your knowledge and experience – this is the role for you. You may have supported teams in your previous roles or you may have fire safety experience but are looking for a more people and coaching centric role. Either way, you will be passionate about both people and fire safety. You will be looking for a role where you can bring onboard and train individuals to be the best they can be and allow us to scale for even further growth across the business and the group.