JBT currently has a great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Manager to join our Harwich team. JBT is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food processing and air transportation industries. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for our customers. We have offices in more than 100 countries all over the world. We are growing both organically and by acquisitions and are continuously looking for new employees that want to grow with us!
- Manage the mechanical design aspects of the company, with direct management of the Mechanical Design Engineers.
- Ensure the mechanical aspects of the machines are designed to the highest standard, within budget and within the requested time frame.
- Ensure internal customers are kept up to date with mechanical design aspects.
- Ensure that staff complete weekly time sheets and sign-off as correct.
- Generate project specific Functional Design Specifications, Test Documentation, Safety Documentation & Inspection Documents.
- Specify mechanical equipment for use on projects.
- Generate mechanical designs & drawings using SolidWorks 3D CAD package. Familiarity with AutoCAD LT (2D) for customer layouts.
- Generate assembly drawings & parts lists. Create BOMs and product structure in Access Supply Chain.
- Develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs.
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety & time constraints in all designs.
- Arrange for design reviews with interested parties to ensure new designs match the companyâs objectives.
- Look for opportunities to improve designs from a functional & cost perspective.
- Ensure the quality of work generated by the mechanical design team reaches the required standard.
- Provide resource to assist with machine layouts on new proposals
- Supply labour cost estimates for new projects/Review technical documents for new projects.
- Supply labour & material cost estimates for Service Department.
- Budget management & weekly forecasting of labour.
- Resource planning/Performance management.
- Provide technical support for customers, e.g. via presentations & telephone discussions.
- Provide support off site to resolve customerâs technical issues.
- Produce KPIs and populate monthly Bowler report. Investigate any deviations from target.
- Collaborate with other JBT companies and attend monthly Liquid Foods Engineering Managers Meeting (Webex).
- Collaborate with key customers on new product development.
- Interview and hire staff and oversee their training.
- Provide ongoing support to Sales, Service, Spares, Production, Purchasing & Projects.
- Ideally posess a HNC in Mechanical engineering
- Ability to design high specification mechanical equipment
- Experience of team management
- Analytical thinking; Intellectual capacity to break down a problem or situation into its component parts; identifying implications, timeframes and sequences.
- Attention to detail; assures accuracy, clarity and quality of work while reflecting an efficiency increase.
- Willingness to meet needs of internal clients by pursuing improved courses of action; delivers products and services that best serve client needs.