Commercial Finance is a vital part of any accounts function, wouldn’t you agree? Well the client I’m representing certainly thinks so. So much so that they’ve created this stand-alone position to report into the Finance Director, to report on and drive all things commercial throughout the business and their various brands.
The company are a household name within the heating world. More than this, they’re owned by an EU parent company who are THE name in all things heating (residential, commercial and otherwise) throughout Europe. But don’t worry, Brexit strategy is sorted; even if our governments’ isn’t!
You should expect to work in a fast paced business, where each day brings a new set of challenges. The culture is forward thinking, even if the systems aren’t quite there yet. The idea is that you will be the main cog in driving BI, data, reporting, analysis and commercial awareness throughout the business to its key stakeholders.
We’re looking for someone with a strong accounting background, but is currently in a commercial role. Looking at sales, margins, profit and more, providing detailed insight into the performance. After all, the bottom line needs to move in the right direction, right?
If you think you fit this bill then I’d welcome a discussion. Let’s grab a coffee and review your experiences. A full job specification is available below.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To develop access / excel / BI reporting tools in order to provide, develop and improve management reporting on a continual basis for our brands
- To analysis and review product profitability on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- To assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- To assist the business unit with all financial matters in order to aid the decision making process
- To provide the required IT capability for the finance department in order to develop reporting
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified accountant (ICAEW/ACCA/CIMA)
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience, preferably with 2-3 years in a similar role
- Advanced capability in Access, Excel, Cognos BI
- Flexible with close attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, professionalism and integrity
- Confident and able to communicate effectively
- Pragmatic and credible with non-accountants
- Commercial acumen a must, able to identify trends and develop speedy, detailed understanding of complicated distribution chain
Call Michael Sharma Group and ask for Nitin for more information.
Salary additional info: bonuses and more