- A motivated hard working individual to develop lasting relationships with client organisations and ensure that each client’s portfolio is managed in accordance with its investment objective and benchmark guidelines.
- Act as the key point of contact in terms of other services specified in the client agreement and work as part of a team supporting the entire client base.
- Working with other team members, the Client Manager role-holder will take operational and relationship responsibility for a number of clients. Importantly, they will be accountable for the commercial success of our mandates (for example ensuring there is no loss of value from E&O’s) and as such the role has a demonstrable commercial value.
- The individual will be required to have a high level of personal interaction with clients to help build strong client relationships.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We’re close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
What you’ll need to do
Recognising the unique structure of the IAM relationship model, the CM is expected to be either demonstrating or substantially working towards the following:
- A pro-active relationship with Client Director’s (CD) sharing opinions, insight about clients
- A high and increasing level of responsibility and accountability for client relationship
- A goal of zero E&O’s from the IAM service process
- Strong, positive feedback on the strength of the service relationship
The role is expected to offer ambitious individuals with the right skills a path to increased responsibility.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we’re looking for
- Recognising the unique requirements of the insurance client business, the CM is expected to demonstrate or be substantially working towards:
- In-depth understanding of insurance company regulation as it impacts service / reporting
- Able to lead Solvency II discussion internally and externally on service/reporting matters
External relationship management
- Manage and develop relationships with clients, especially administrative/operational counterparts
- Gain an in-depth understanding of administrative function
- Proactively shape Schroderâs service proposition
- Attend client meetings regarding operational matters and client hospitality events.
Internal relationship management
- Build strong relationships in key operational departments across Schroder’s
- Represent the client relationship internally
- Work with other departments to ensure the smooth running of the client portfolios
- Respond promptly and professionally to operational / investment queries from clients
- Assist the Client Directors with complex client enquiries and requests
- Act as the named contact for all administrative issues
- Deal with all day-to-day issues in the absence of the Client Directors
Maintenance of records
- Ensure client information is up-to-date and maintained in relevant systems
- Work with Client Directors to manage clients
- Brief the Client Director on administration / performance issues prior to any meeting
- General assistance to Client Director on client specific tasks and issues
Client reporting and service performance
- Work with Client Director to produce all forms of client reporting
- Produce bespoke reports for clients, where appropriate
- Ensure clients are set up to and receive all the appropriate reports
- Look to standardise reporting where possible
- Report on client service performance, progress and issues
- Co-ordinate with the Transitions Team to ensure efficient on/off boarding of client portfolios
Maintain knowledge of products, regulation, clients and operational procedures
- Ensure knowledge of key areas is maintained to ensure queries can be answered efficiently
What you’ll be like
The individual applying should have high level
- Personal organisation
- Information and data processing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Personal effectiveness
The above list is not intended to be exhaustive, the role-holder is expected to do anything and everything necessary to ensure client satisfaction on all fronts, at all times.
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.