Here at O2, we’re about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It’s why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world’s most innovative digital companies, we’re able to open up all sorts of possibilities – not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That’s why everybody’s welcome at O2 – it’s time to get everyone in the room.
Your role is to help create a high performing, motivated and engaged team through leading, coaching and inspiring. You will encourage team members to love the job they do and make sure they are having great conversations with our customers to understanding their needs using Leap, so they sell the right product and service to them. Making every day better for our customers through personal experiences that count.
You will also manage individual’s performance and develop the team to achieve and improve on business targets, store standards and compliance.
Reporting to the Store Leader and having people management responsibility for the team members within the Store, you will be expected to lead the store along the store leader on a daily basis.
Travel is part of the role through Store Visits and wider team meetings and depending on the Store location and trading patterns, weekend and evening working will be expected.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Empowering your team to have great conversations with our customers, helping them to buy more easily
- Monitoring daily store activity/targets by the delivery of daily briefings and key business information to the team
- Leading the performance of the team alongside the store leader and delivering monthly 1-2-1s
- Utilising O2 Campus and Leap sales framework
- Delivering regular, consistent and effective reviews and demonstrating effective coaching behaviours. To help to grow talent and succession within the store.
- Being passionate about O2`s products, services and propositions and understand what we offer as a business. Becoming a guide in all things O2.
- Using in store systems to take ownership of compliance to deliver O2 policies and procedures.
- Maximising productivity in the Store and delivering store rotas in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring store is adhering to key compliance requirements in relation to store standards, Health & Safety, cash management, security and stock management, FCA compliance, refunds and discounts
- Deputising for the Store Leader when required
- Working with your team to take ownership of the store appearance, taking pride in where you work
Skills and Experience Needed
What we look for is:
- Someone who has worked in a fast-paced environment previously, not necessarily Retail, who is motivated to work to targets and deadlines
- Someone who has previous Budget and Profit and Loss responsibility
- Someone who takes the lead, encourages and develops teams to be high performing and brings their team on a journey
- Strong coaching skills
- The ability to work frameworks to provide support, training and development
- A great communicator
- Someone who can be agile, who can change and adapt to suit business needs
- Commercial acumen
- Someone who understands the importance of delivering great customer experiences, the awareness of a customer centric culture. Putting the customer first in everything that we do
- Ability to work to processes
- Someone who has an interest in technology and mobiles
What we will give you:
- Competitive salary
- 24 Holidays days
- Fantastic induction programme
- Learning and development support
- Flexible benefits to suit you
Hours: 37.5hrs (Full flexibility required)
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.