BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 90+ markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 31 December 2018, BNP Paribas Securities Services had USD 10.660 trillion in assets under custody, USD 2.662 trillion in assets under administration, 10,545 funds administered and 11,932 employees.
Department purpose / objectives
The Business Implementation Dept. (BI) is responsible for the on-boarding, transition and evolution of clients and our business across all products/services booked in the UK MESA region. This has two core pillars, being, (i) implementing new business and (ii) evolution & control of our business. The department is split into five core functions, some of which support both pillars, as follows:
New Business and Business Evolution & Control
KYC & Due Diligence
BAU Transactions for example account opening both on boarding and on going
Operational Controls including oversight
Vision: BI will successfully deliver new business and/or change for our global clients. We will strive to exceed our clientsâ expectations, using formal project principles, effective processes and robust controls to deliver a professional service, whilst protecting our existing business commitments through effective scope and risk management. Through a collaborative approach with operational and functional teams, implementation, transition and transformation will land smoothly, whilst ensuring successful completion of level financial controls as well as providing oversight of the IFSO control environment.
Purpose of the position:
Transitions (BAU) will cover the Custody and Middle Office products, with potential expansion to cover other products in the future. This will cover the following activities:
- Planning and pipeline management
Account life cycle management
Instruction and co-ordination of transition activity
- Update of core platforms
- Pre live checks
- Post event management
- This activity will occur for the following scenarios:
- Supporting client implementation projects of large, complex on-boards.
- Outside of client implementation projects:
- Vanilla / Existing fund types
- Existing Product
- Existing Asset Type
- Existing Operating Model
- No Legal Impact
- No commercial impact
The following events are managed by our BAU Transitions Team:
- Fund Take-On
- Fund Take-Off
- New fund launches
- Portfolio Re-organisations
- Change in Custodian
- Fund Mergers
- Fund re-structures
Client Service Delivery and Controls
- To oversee the day to day deliverables of the transitions team, delivering a high quality service to all clients
- To prioritise and manage the workflow within the team to a high standard ensuring all service level agreements are adhered to
- Build strong, professional relationships with clients and be an ambassador for BNP Paribas Securities Services.
- Develop internal stakeholder relationships with the wider team as well as general business support.
Continuous Improvement & New Business
- Generate ideas for improvements to systems and processes in support of client requirements and our organisations strategic objectives.
- Support the development and implementation of such improvements.
- Involvement in the design and implementation of resilient processes and systems to support new/changes to business products including mandatory changes to market/governance and regulations.
- Innovate & challenge status quo within the governance and framework of our change program.
- Be a subject matter expert in your team and share this expertise via the training and coaching of others.
- Ensure risk is mitigated within the Transitions Team by creating and evolving a strong control framework aligned to our daily deliverables
- Ensure adherence to the risk and control framework
- Ensure compliance and adherence to the department procedures and control framework
- Support business contingency plans as required.
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place to mitigate operational risk.
- Contribute towards external audit/compliance/risk requirements.
- Understand the factors which influence unit cost e.g. capacity/workload drivers.
Strategy and Governance
- Contribute to raising the profile of the UK branch of BNP Paribas Securities Services. Contribute to the Transitions Team and wider BI Strategy
Skills and Experience required
- Strong risk management awareness
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Involvement in leading change initiatives
- Strong client service skills
- Decision making and influencing skills
- Ability to identify and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work on initiative with minimal supervision
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 9%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, childcare vouchers, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
Please note that we are unable to progress applications at this time from candidates who require sponsorship under a Tier 2 General Visa. The role does not meet the required skill level for us to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship under Tier 2