- You should be qualified to at least degree level in either engineering, construction or surveying. You will have significant project management, construction or engineering experience with a proven track record of managing both new builds and the enhancement of existing warehouse/ logistics buildings.
- You should be able to produce plans in AutoCad.
- Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation
- Experience negotiating construction, procurement and labor contracts
- Ability to lead and manage a team, including, coaching and disciplinary actions, as needed
- Ability to travel throughout the Germany up to 40% of the time
Responsible for overseeing construction engineering, planning, and design for Amazon Logistics Delivery Stations and other new or expansion projects
- Responsible for project support on new fulfillment network buildings and additional capacity requirements within existing European Logistics Delivery Stations
- Undertake construction engineering design on new and remodel projects
- Prepare reports, specifications, technical analysis to fully define the design requirements, equipment and services required
- Provide technical direction within engineering design / AutoCAD, building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials
- Survey facilities, develop and document a procedures to audit the facility, provide evaluations and analysis, and recommend solutions to facility infrastructure, safety and security problems involving facilities and people
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and present formal documentation for approval when required
- Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate Service Level Agreements
- Provide overall site management, coordination, planning, specification of business proposals and coordination of subcontractors
- Facilitate and team with others on due diligence evaluation of new opportunities
- Coach and guide all project teams (sub-contractors, maintenance engineers and commissioning engineers) throughout the full project lifecycle
- Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues
- Audit contractors to check that the skills and competences of contract labor arappropriate to need and they are fit to undertake the work on which they will be deployed
- Inform contractors of projected changes in resource or work demand so that they can take appropriate action
- Establish and operate the information systems necessary for effective scheduling and recording of contract work
- Support contractorsâ work and help them to achieve higher performance levels.
- Coach other new members on best practices.
- May have direct reports
- Facilities management experience would be beneficial
- Experience of Six Sigma and Lean analytical techniques
- MRICS / RIBA qualified
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.