Company: MIND CAPTURE
The role of the senior project manager (product development) is to lead, plan, execute and finalize projects within given time, cost and quality constraints. The project manager is a member of the R&D team.
- Facilitate project initiation and scope definition.
- Support the project sponsor in preparation of business cases and quote preparation for external partner or CDx projects.
- Conduct and lead product development projects and teams.
- Define and manage the delivery of the project’s objectives, both from an operational and business delivery point of view.
- Manage the project interfaces & stakeholders (internal & external incl. development and CDx partners).
- Project budget management.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Manage project costs within approved budget and report on actuals versus planned
- Manage resources, coordinating all efforts within the company, including third-party services or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Ensure quality and compliance throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Develop project plans (scenario based) and associated communications documents.
- Plan and track schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and presentations to project sponsors, internal and external (partner) stakeholders and appropriate governance bodies.
- Define and manage project success criteria & risks and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management in interaction with other project and/or program managers.
- 15-20% travel.
Requested competences and skills:
- Master’s degree (preferably in a scientific or engineering orientation), or equivalent by experience
- 5+ years’ experience in project management of product development projects
- Experience in healthcare industry, preferably management of IVD or medical device projects
- Knowledge and understanding of national and international (CE, FDA) QA/QC and regulatory requirements)
- Experience in managing complex, multi-site and or multi-company projects is an asset
- Strong business acumen
- Strong people management skills, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Result oriented and able to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Thrives in a fast paced and changing environment
- Well-developed influencing skills
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- MS Office
- MS-Project is a plus