We are Office Depot. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better – whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
Office Depot operates in thirteen countries through its two main brands Office Depot and Viking, with retail stores in France and Sweden
We are seeking an accomplished scrum master capable of delivering large-scale software and web development projects on time and on budget by effectively collaborating, facilitating, leading and coaching multiple teams. The teams work using Scrum and you’ll be expected to facilitate the standard agile activities (sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc…) to help them deliver the best quality products they can build.
You’ll coach and educate your team and stakeholders in agile principles, you’ll measure their performance and help your teams remove their impediments, but, we’ll expect you to do more than co-ordinate the usual ceremonies. We’re looking for scrum masters who go above and beyond to improve their team’s outcomes.
We also want someone who will create a fun and stimulating environment for their teams and bring in new ideas which influence our ways of working across the department by working with the other scrum masters.
- Guide, coach agile practices and motivate the team with the goal of increasing productivity.
- Passionate about Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, Lean Startup, eXtreme Programming, SAFe, LeSS, etc…
- Organise and lead Scrum ceremonies (Daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospectives).
- Communication with key stakeholders.
- Resolve conflicts and impediments by focusing on the Scrum values of openness, respect and honesty.
- Oversee and manage scope, timeline, quality, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Forecast, monitor schedule and performance.
- Identify key KPIs
- Prepare and present reports on the progress and success of projects.
- Relevant experience as a Scrum Master or similar role for software development teams.
- Academic level thinking or degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PSM).
- Significant experience working with agile practices, patterns and techniques.
- Experience with agile techniques such as User Stories, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, etc.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- A critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- A Team player.
- Have good time-management skills.
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Scrum Master role, please click ‘Apply’ today.
Keywords: Milton Keynes, Scrum Master
Job Type: Permanent