We are looking for a Scrum Master with a true passion for co-ordinating agile ceremonies; who strives in the improvement of efficiency of our teams through continuous process improvement.
Being a team player, a great communicator and building relationships is vital to the role. You’ll be joining a rapidly maturing team and report to our Development Director.
As a company we are keen to promote equality and diversity with all of our roles, and we are supportive of people’s work-life balance, as such, for this role we are happy to discuss flexible working options.
If you join, you will grow with our agile teams and help us keep relevant in a dynamic marketplace.
Ideal candidates show some of the following behaviours…
- We want you to come with passion, creativity, deep expertise, openness, flexibility and drive.
- Practicality and pragmatism are important to us.
- We want you to have a keen interest in the bigger picture, not just any given technical problem.
- We want you to understand the big picture and how your work fits into it.
- We want you to get excited about big, hairy, product and technical problems like we do.
- We want you to bring a desire to actively contribute to the Agile community via innovative methods such as communities and workshop events.
- Most importantly, we want you to have a passion for delivery!
We’ll expect you to take on the following responsibilities…
- Organise and facilitate software delivery planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, planning, demos and other agile ceremonies.
- Identify and remove impediments or conflicts that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver.
- Coach and mentor agile team members on agile standards and best practices; ensure consistent best practices across the work streams.
- Lead through your previous experience with agile delivery; cultivate an environment of autonomy to allow delivery teams to become self-organising and team members to become self-directing.
- Act as a role model; manage and lead all members of your team through mentoring, coaching, training and perform appraisals and performance reviews
- Assist product owners in keeping a comprehensive refined product backlog.
- Maintain and report against relevant metrics
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency and radiate information.
- Utilise the lessons from each delivery to strive towards increasing the value delivered by your team.
- Maintain a high level of quality in all deliverables.
- Engage with fellow Scrum Masters to identify opportunities for improvement across delivery processes.
- Have a good working understanding of collaborative Agile tools like JIRA, Trello etc…
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
We want you to have the following qualities…
- Detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an agile environment.
- Be a Certified Scrum Master/Scrum Practitioner or show equivalent relevant experience.
- Be able to understand technical issues at a high level.
- Have exceptional communication, organisation, and team building skills; be well-spoken and able to facilitate meetings at all levels.
- An observant and transparent individual; you can identify problems early, report and escalate where necessary, and be able to articulate progress, both internally and externally.
- Display a calm attitude during difficult situations
- Must be “self-motivated” as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Be able to motivate and inspire team members to deliver outstanding solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £60,000.00 to £70,000.00 /year