The Floow is a rapidly growing telematics service provider that develops smartphone apps for insurers, to collect driving data and deliver services to insurers and their customers. We specialise in using data from smartphones and fixed to vehicle devices to support motor insurers pricing decisions. Data analysis is also used to provide driving feedback and educational tips to drivers across a range of factors including speed, hard braking and acceleration and distraction. The company currently works with major UK and global insurers, and has a number of other discussions on-going in new markets.
As a Scrum Master (servant leader) will be responsible for monitoring the scrum processes embedded at The Floow. You will work closely with our product teams to help deliver product increments as efficiently and predictably as possible.
The successful candidate will facilitate meetings, remove blockers and encourage collaboration to aid in meeting sprint goals to drive our products forward.
You will also be expected to increase your team efficiency, motivate team, and ensure quality and timeliness as well as ensuring the definition of done is being adhered to.
- Deliver team coaching and providing leadership using agile methodologies.
- Guide the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organisation.
- Ensure the continual improvement of processes within the Scrum teams
- Full ownership of the delivery of sprint goals and overall objectives of the team.
- Manage projects and system dependencies at planning, implementation and support stages to ensure appropriate resource allocation and on time delivery.
- Identify, flag and manage issues that pose a potential risk to project delivery or client satisfaction
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on collaborative problem-solving.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Undertake as requested other activities that may be outside of your area of focus but contribute to the overall success of The Floow.
- Proactively contribute to the positive culture of The Floow through your everyday behaviours
You will have:
- A Proven track record as a Scrum Master or in a Project Management role where you have had oversight of the full software delivery lifecycle.
- Ability to plan and manage tasks and small projects within an overall project.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of a variety of channels, technology and architecture, such as APIs and micro services.
- Previous experience working with relevant systems i.e JIRA, Atlassian Suite
- Agile certifications such as Scrum/LEAN/Kanban, or equivalent is desirable.
- An ability to build relationships, able to influence, challenge, and engage well with all stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You’ll be able to work closely with key players in the growing field of UBI (Usage Based Insurance), as well as other clients in the automotive and other industries
- Pizza and Drinks Fridays
- Company bonus
- Flexible working hours
- Pension matched at 3%
- 21 days’ holiday per annum with the ability to accrue extra holidays: an extra day’s holiday will be added for every full years’ service up to a maximum of 5 additional days
- The option to buy holiday days, up to a maximum of 5 days per year
- Floow Days (2 additional bank holidays)
- 25% discount off of new Direct Line motor insurance policies
- Season ticket loan
- Tech Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Discounted Shopping, Cinema and Restaurant vouchers
- GP Service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike Scheme
- Android Developer
- Business Analyst
- Driver Improvement Coach
- Driver Improvement Coach (North America)
- Data Scientist
- Head of Data Science
- Head of QA
- Head of Product Solutions
- iOS Developer
- Junior IT Operations Engineer
- Junior Service Desk Analyst
- Platform Engineer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- UX/UI Designer
- Web Developer
If you think you may have the right skills, please send a copy of your CV to us and make sure to mention the reference SM01.