The Scrum Master will be required to lead a team of Software developers with varying experience levels and will be responsible for ensuring scrum processes are monitored and team efficiency levels are maximised.
Demonstrating the ability to lead, motivate and influence the team in applying agile principles and maintaining focus on development of high quality output
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as Scrum Master for one or more software development teams, each of which are supporting a Cubic Mission Solutions – Rugged IoT product line
- Build agile capability within the Software development team by training team members in agile techniques
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies, including the daily stand-up, Sprint planning, Sprint review and Sprint retrospectives
- Takes responsibility for impediments including resolving impediments, providing guidance for removing impediments, and escalating impediments to ensure quick resolution
- Participates in Scrum-of-Scrums ceremonies with other development team leads
- Provides management with visibility into Sprint and/or release progress towards defined goals (using burn-down charts, dashboards, velocity reporting)
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Manages Sprint and Product Backlogs, working with Product Owners to ensure appropriate prioritization, assignment and status
- Supports DevOps principles and execution through adherence to Scrum principles for software teams’ development activities
- Ensures transparency from Product Owner to Scrum team by facilitating internal and external communication
- Coach the team in self-organisation and cross-functionality
- Comply with Cubicâs values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience in the Scrum Master role for a software development team diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Required software product development experience in general software development
- Understanding of the role of software development tools and processes such as version control, defect and issue trackers, build processes, and team collaboration
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodology
- Able to apply agile analysis techniques specifically for defining and creating user stories
- Experience of documented patterns and techniques for filling intentional scrum approach gaps
- Experience with Trello or Atlassian JIRA suite to set up and track Sprint execution
- Experience gathering and documenting technical requirements/user stories
- Can communicate well with non-technical and technical team members
- Demonstrated experience in iterative methodologies (Agile/Scrum), including leading Scrum ceremonies, developing Sprint Backlogs, Product Backlogs and generating Sprint/release burndown charts
Education and qualifications
- Bachelorâs degree in software engineering, computer science or related discipline
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM 1) highly preferred
- PMP or other Project Management certifications highly preferred
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Strong team working and collaboration skills
- Able to lead a team of Software developers with varying experience levels.
- Maintains current knowledge of own field and proactively keeps up to date with changes.
- Understanding of the market, competitor activity and issues affecting the development of the business.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.