As Scrum Master you will oversee and take responsibility for the successful end to end delivery of software development projects to time and within budget. Co-ordinating multiple cross discipline teams and suppliers, including offshore resources.
The data and analytics function within the group is growing and our desire is to bring in talented process driven pragmatic individuals.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
What You Will Be Doing
As Scrum Master you will work with delivery teams utilising agile practices, (e.g. Kanban and Scrum) and stakeholders to produce release plans & schedules. This will involve developing and maintaining a project plan to give visibility of budgets, timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress to date.
You will quantify and set the success and quality criteria for the projects deliverables, ensuring that the solutions meet the agreed business requirements. You will also control changes to project scope and ensure that impact to the project and benefits is clearly understood and correctly authorised.
The Scrum Master will provide direct and immediate feedback (successes & failures in the course of the activity are apparent, so that behaviour/approach can be adjusted as needed) and work with the team to ensure that User Stories (with Acceptance Criteria) and Tasks are broken down to minimum, testable and estimable level.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience of managing and delivering projects in an agile environment.
- Excellent communicator with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including staff based near shore.
- Experience working with documentation and workflow tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- Have the ability to guide the team to self-organise.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong motivation skills to push the team to deliver.
- Facilitative and must have the ability to add value to the team.
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Support and work closely with the Product Owner for grooming and product backlog maintenance.
- Ability to deal with Impediments.
- Experience of Agile Transformation.
- Ensure the team is protected from external influences.
- Support the drive for Continuous Improvement.
- Push the team to deliver using best Agile practices.
- Work will some require travel
Working Within TUI Group
TUI Travel’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How To Apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from and your latest CV
Job Reference: OMG00961