Looking to work within a vibrant company, combining 25 years of industry expertise with ongoing investment in cutting edge technology to drive future success? Seeking a role where proactivity is welcomed, with scope to develop and grow?
Office Depot Europe has an exciting opportunity to join the growing team in our UK Head Office in Leicester. The role is a full time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
At Office Depot Europe, we provide Office Supplies, Services and Solutions to help our customers work better, whatever their workplace. Serving businesses across all industries and sizes, we offer a single source of the solutions and services our customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials. Within our European footprint, we operate in thirteen countries through our two main brands, Office Depot and Viking, with retail stores in France and Sweden. Our established world-wide partnerships continue to give us global reach.
Only companies which place the customer centre stage, innovate to bring added value, and excel in terms of operational efficiency and technological capability will survive and thrive. At Office Depot, we operate as a trusted and reliable partner to help organisations work more productively, improve efficiencies, reduce cost and increase sustainability – and we intend to thrive and continue to lead our industry for years to come.
We are seeking an accomplished scrum master capable of delivering large-scale software and web development projects on time and on budget by effectively collaborating, facilitating, leading and coaching multiple teams. The teams work using Scrum and you’ll be expected to facilitate the standard agile activities (sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc…) to help them deliver the best quality products they can build.
You’ll coach and educate your team and stakeholders in agile principles, you’ll measure their performance and help your teams remove their impediments, but, we’ll expect you to do more than co-ordinate the usual ceremonies. We’re looking for scrum masters who go above and beyond to improve their team’s outcomes.
We also want someone who will create a fun and stimulating environment for their teams and bring in new ideas which influence our ways of working across the department by working with the other scrum masters.
- Guide, coach agile practices and motivate the team with the goal of increasing productivity.
- Passionate about Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, Lean Startup, eXtreme Programming, SAFe, LeSS, etc…
- Organise and lead Scrum ceremonies (Daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospectives).
- Communication with key stakeholders.
- Resolve conflicts and impediments by focusing on the Scrum values of openness, respect and honesty.
- Oversee and manage scope, timeline, quality, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Forecast, monitor schedule and performance.
- Identify key KPIs
- Prepare and present reports on the progress and success of projects.
- Relevant experience as a Scrum Master or similar role for software development teams.
- Academic level thinking or degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PSM).
- Significant experience working with agile practices, patterns and techniques.
- Experience with agile techniques such as User Stories, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, etc.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- A critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- A Team player.
- Have good time-management skills.
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills.
We provide an excellent benefits scheme, generous holidays and free onsite parking.
Want to join our team? If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the role, please click ‘Apply’ today and take your next step towards a career with Office Depot.