Location: Citywest, Dublin
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Scrum Master to join a growing team for the Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions (FCCS) division of Fidelity Brokerage Technology (FBT).
The Expertise Weâre Looking For
- At least 5 years’ industry experience in a software engineering capacity
- At least 2 years’ experience as an active Scrum Master.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
The Purpose of Your Role
You will be the Scrum Master on a team responsible for delivering solutions for Fidelityâs institutional clients. The role demands significant collaboration with members of various business and IT groups.
You will run all the standard scrum ceremonies such as refinement, sprint planning, demos, retros, daily stand ups etc. You will work with the delivery team to ensure blockers are removed and will be responsible for ensuring project readiness tasks are met for production deployments.
The Skills You Bring
- A truly Agile attitude
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to unfamiliar circumstances and deliver high quality work
- A demonstrable ability to coach/mentor
The Value You Deliver
- Work with technology & business partners to understand project objectives, timelines, use cases and requirements
- Remove impediments/roadblocks as they arise
- Detect scope changes and call out issues
- Act as primary triage coordinator for questions and defects
- Use Jira and other tools to track progress within sprints
- Use metrics to bring insights to the team
- Bring a fresh perspective and enable the team to identify and implement continuous improvements
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions group provides solutions in the Registered Investment Advisors (RIA) and correspondent clearing marketplace. We provide software engineering, application development, project management, systems analysis and production support for the Business Process Management Application associated with Fidelity Clearing & Custody.
The Fidelity Brokerage Technology group provides technical solutions for the Fidelity Institutional Business (FI). This team is part of a long-standing Ireland presence across Dublin and Galway with plenty of opportunities for collaboration.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit http://www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.