Within DHL Express, the Brussels Hub is a 24/7 operational environment where service quality, speed and time are of the essence. Active in Belgium since 1985, we completed our move in the summer of 2017 to a brand new, state-of-the-art facility from which we play an essential role in the operational network of the most international company in the world.
What are your tasks?
- You advise management on and influence the regulatory landscape in Belgium, particularly in the areas of transport (aviation & road) and environment, climate change, postal liberalization and customs facilitation.
- You identify the key stakeholder’s for DHL, and develop a solid implementation process on the direction and accountability for engagement with stakeholders.
- You contribute actively to the shaping of the company’s regulatory affairs strategy for the Belgian landscape.
- You implement this regulatory affairs strategy, closely monitoring the legislative and regulatory developments in Belgium. You keep both local management and other stakeholders informed through regular reporting, and develop the position of the company on issues on hand.
- You implement the communications plan that is part of the regulatory affairs strategy
- You review consultation documents, identify together with specialists across the DHL network the potential impact on DHL, and draft responses in subsequent position papers.
- You liaise and build your network with different external stakeholders and with authorities on the different levels in Belgium (local, regional and federal).
- You represent the company at industry associations, and at conferences and other public events.
- You act as spokesperson and represent DHL with the media where required, in coordination with the DHL’s media relations senior management.
- You will mainly support the Belgian DHL Express companies, but provide support to our other DPDHL entities in Belgium when required.
Who are you?
- You have a Master’s degree (Law, Political Sciences, Economics), and at least 5 – 7 years of experience in Belgian public affairs management for a multinational company, or as a lobbyist in the Belgian legislative sphere.
- You have a strong knowledge of Belgian Government and political landscape. You have a solid understanding of competition law and working within competitive environment.
- You have a proven ability and track record.to influence at high level
- You have solid understanding of the express and airline industries, and a good grasp of business strategy and objectives.
- You are able to work in a high-pressure environment, where you have to be time-efficient, and operate with a sense of practicality.
- You have strong interpersonal relationship skills, and are a good networker.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch, French and English, including excellent presentation skills in these three languages.
Facts and Figures