Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries’ most visually stunning games with deep player experiences in the industry.
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Working on Frostbite means bringing the engine to some of the most acclaimed franchises in the business such as Battlefield and FIFA. Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Creating and applying leading-edge technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated, capable and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal), Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest), and Australia (Melbourne).
What does a Project Manager do?
As Project Manager, you will lead and motivate the team with a focus to ensure good Agile development practice. You will drive towards great execution and delivery by managing and improving upon the development process, including project and capacity planning, progress tracking, and team-wide collaboration and communication.
Project Planning and Management
- Manage multiple projects delivered by cross-functional teams
- Determine the resource requirements to meet project goals
- Evaluate and resolve dependencies and establish success criteria
- Successfully deliver projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
- Manage and track development tasks, and communicate progress against committed deliverables
- Estimate the impact of change requests on project schedule, budget, and resources
- Ensure support issues and other plan interrupts are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Risk management
Team and Process Management
- Drive the Agile development process in teams
- Dotted-line manage the delivery team (in partnership with Engineering Manager)
- Monitor team health, workload and recognize extra effort
- Drive departmental planning (i.e. resource planning, sprint/program increment planning etc.)
- Devise and assist in implementing process improvements across groups and advocate for the team.
- Partner with engineering and product leads in resource & talent planning
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of project management experience in a high tech or video games company
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Experience with distributed development across multiple locations
- Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Engineering background preferred
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension. Although we enjoy working hard at Frostbite, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods. We look forward to receiving your application!
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team