Do you want to be a part of our journey to excel in safety?
Then read onâŚthis is the Job for you!
Safety is one of the Volvo Group corporate values and we always strive to be number one in Safety! Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT) is the technology development division of the Volvo Group, providing all our business areas with technical solutions to meet our customer’s challenges, today and in the future.
You now have the chance to join us, the Product Safety Team, and make transport of goods and people even safer! In this position, you will be part of a global highly experienced team and handling several aspects of safety for all technologies and for the complete life cycle of our global range of products.
As Product Safety Manager, you will have the responsibility to secure potential safety-related issues are promptly addressed and brought to closure, whether on serial production vehicles in operation or during product development.
- Act as the GTT entry point for new potential safety-related issues and secure assignment of a solving responsible
- Coordinate the GTT Product Safety Coordination Forum
- Manage the GTT log of potential safety-related issues
- Compile information about all decided recalls within AB Volvo
- Lead taskforces and perform investigation related to product safety as required
- Support and provide guidance on-going problem solving and taskforces connected to potential safety-related issues
- Secure lesson learned activities are performed to prevent reoccurrence when a safety defect has been determined
- Develop and update product safety guidelines, instructions and processes
- Secure training on Product Safety and Product Liability
- Master of Science or equivalent in a relevant field
- Knowledge and experience of several engineering areas, like mechanical, electronics, software etc
- Experience with product safety work and accident investigations
- Knowledge about Volvo products at complete and systems level
- Knowledge of product liability with a global perspective
- Knowledge of automotive safety standards
- Excellent communication skills written and spoken (English)
We believe that you are passionate for safety, and going the extra mile for product safety is in your DNA. You are accurate and exact in your way of working, always making sure to end every task you started.
You have an ability to manage complex and sensitive safety issues with high integrity, while maintaining a balanced business and customer view.
You are adept and capable of actively engaging with multidisciplinary teams in an international environment, and have the ability to build sustainable and trustful relationships and networks.
We offer you an interesting job in an exciting time with innovative developments in electromobility, autonomous drive and much more. You will find yourself operating in a stimulating international environment working with well-known truck brands like Volvo, Renault, Mack, UD and more.
As an employee of the Volvo Group, you will be entitled to a great set of benefits, like occupational and Volvo company pension, collective and discounted personal insurances, profit sharing and bonus, flexible work arrangements, and more.
Are you curious and have some questions? Contacts us!
Stefan Andersson, Director Product Safety, Tel. +46 31 3234159
We are looking forward to your application!