Company & department description
The IT Program Management team is looking for a new team member to lead the journey of enabling connectivity footprint on public cloud platforms. The position involves coordination of project and squad deliverables within the program scope to ensure that all composing parts of the solution come together to meet business expectations.
As IT Program Manager you will lead programs of high complexity, risk and significance to SWIFT in line with the company’s strategy and plan. You will work in close liaison with all relevant internal teams, both agile and traditional, as well as external third parties. This position involves coordination of project and squad deliverables within the program scope, stakeholder communication and program level financial and risk management.
Your primary responsibilities and activities:
- Partner with the sponsor and senior stakeholders to align on program goals, objectives and customer outcomes;
- Lead the definition of the overall program structure, the timeline and the major deliverables;
- Lead regular interactions with program contributors to maintain a shared vision for the program outcome and track program execution and progress in view of committed deliverables;
- Establish and ensure appropriate governance for the program in accordance with policies and practices covering both agile and traditional delivery;
- Develop and monitor the program financials;
- Monitor and manage on risks and dependencies across program deliveries, and resolve conflicts;
- Act as an advisor, and build and maintain relationships across the wider program management community.
Qualifications and experience:
- A masterâs degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or a related field, or equivalent work experience;
- 10 or more years of experience in IT business/industry;
- 5 to 7 years in roles with increasing leadership responsibilities across projects and programs;
- 3 to 5 years in roles with extensive customer interaction and consulting responsibilities across the SWIFT community;
- Demonstrated experience in managing “upward” among senior leadership;
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams.
Knowledge and skills:
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the program objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with the business strategy;
- High degree of political sensitivity and ability to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of different personalities to achieve program success and overcome obstacles;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and “sell” the program goals and objectives to business, as well as technical leaders;
- Strong business acumen, including industry- and domain-specific knowledge of SWIFT solutions;
- Familiarity with industry trends and innovation, with strong interest in how organizations are employing current and emerging technologies;
- Influencing and negotiation skills in an environment with high competition for resources;
- Strong analytical, strategic planning and execution skills;
- Team player.
What we offer
Our headquarters in Belgium is located in the leafy suburb of La Hulpe on the outskirts of Brussels. There is a regular shuttle service between our HQ and the main railway/metro stations in Brussels.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits, including luncheon vouchers, sport center, on-site restaurants and insurances:
- Europ Assistance