HVDC Sales Manager
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
- In your role you will capture and negotiate large HVDC contracts and have the operational management and leadership of an allocated project team comprising of tender managers, engineers, lawyers, tax advisors, financing specialists and service experts.
- As Sales Manager you will sell EPC-projects to our customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability. You will lead the negotiations with the aim to close projects with the best possible conditions as well as ensure a successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales technique and your own experience.
- Part of your scope will also be to develop and execute the bid strategy around the ABB offering considering all aspects of the project. It also important to establish and maintain a positive and effective customer relationship to understand their needs and to be able to promote ABB’s full offering in the best way.
- This role also gives you the opportunity to develop sales plans as well to drive the development of new market opportunities for allocated projects. You will lead the pursuit teams preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department ensuring that ABB is delivering a cost-optimized, value focused tender to our end client in due time.
- This position can be located either in UK or Scandinavia. Regular travel is a requirement of the role.
- As a foundation you hold a university degree in engineering, business administration or related disciplines. You should have several of years of work experience in large project sales, preferably from working with EPC-projects.
- Since you will work internationally we see that you need experience from working with different cultures in order to have sensitivity on cultural behavior. To be successful in the role we see that you should have strong negotiation and closing skills as well as commercial experience.
- To succeed in this position, we also see that you have the ability to support, coach and motivate teams as well as the drive needed to reach results. You are good at networking, are social and a team builder. This position also requires you to be customer oriented, assertive as well as flexible. The competence in analyzing and managing complex business situations and customer needs is also important.
- Fluency in English is a must, other languages would be of benefit. Travelling is a requirement so a willingness to travel is needed.
More about us
Are you ready for a new exciting challenge? Does the above description sound like you? You are welcome to apply at abb.com/careers and search for job IDSE69089911. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until August 29, 2019, so don’t delay – apply today!
A more detailed job description will be given in an interview. Questions about the recruitment process can be directed to Talent Partner Sofia Lindblom, +4624-078 46 23. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Annika Lokrantz +4624-078 35 23, Unionen: Göran Börjesson +46240-78 32 89, Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +4624-078 29 12.
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.