Cab Technology develops strategies and knowledge (advanced engineering) to offer the most competitive cabs. We also understand the final customer needs and apply our knowledge to develop technical concepts and solutions that satisfy customer and business needs. The work is based on innovation, shared technology, common architecture and brand uniqueness.
We are now looking for a Global Technology Manager (GTM) for Cab Climate responsible for developing the Cab Climate systems for all truck brands within Volvo Group. Cab Climate is responsible for design and development of all components in the Climate area as well as strategies and advanced engineering.
As GTM Cab Climate, you will lead a highly experienced team of approximate 30 people including employees and consultants, with group managers in Gothenburg and Bangalore reporting to you. You will be an important member in the Cab Technology Management Team and report to the Vice President Cab Technology.
- Product owner for Cab Climate globally
- Ensure project, maintenance and advanced engineering deliveries
- Ensure product quality improvements and product cost reduction initiatives
- Develop Product System roadmaps (PSR L3) for Cab Climate and secure that Cab Climate strategies are realized
- Develop and drive Knowledge management to ensure continuous improvement of Cab Climate systems
- Lead and develop Leaders and people
- Ensure the necessary competence to support the product plan for Cab Climate globally.
- Contribute in harmonization and development of processes, methods, tools and standards globally
- Active participation in the Cab Technology management team
Cab Technology is an attractive and engaging work place, known for highly skilled employees that cooperate in a global environment.
As our preferred candidate you have MSc in Engineering with extensive experience of product development within the automotive industry. You should have ability to handle complex balancing of contradictory engineering and customer requirements. You are also expected to have several years of manager experience for engineering teams working with in-house development and SIPD. Experience from thermal systems and/or software systems is a merit.
As a manager within Cab Technology, you are expected to have a strong customer focus and excellent networking and communication skills.
You need to be an inspiring leader and have a positive mind-set, interested in developing people as well as creating high performance teams. You need to have the skill to build one team with people on two sites and lead your team from distance. You are expected to have a holistic view, show organisational agility and be able to lead your team to achieve results and continuous improvements. You should possess solid English skills.
For additional information, please contact:
Anders NordĂŠn, Vice President Cab Technology, phone +46 76 553 67 04
Cecilia Viktor, HR Business partner, phone +46 31 322 51 14