Do you want to make a difference in the world? We do. It’s the reason Alfa Laval and Wallenius water have developed Alfa Laval PureBallast – a system to clean ballast water and prevent invasive organisms from spreading between ocean ecosystems. Since launching PureBallast in 2006, we’ve achieved a market-leading position and sold over 3500 systems to ship owners and shipyards globally. As environmental legislation gains momentum, it will drive our business even more rapidly in coming years. Now we’re looking for Engineering Manager who wants to help us make a difference in the world. So, what are you going to do today?
Who you are
Who are you?
With business understanding, a passion for technology and what can be achieved with it, you manage the engineering team responsible for the design of the PureBallast system. You are analytical, process oriented and conscientious, with a drive to exceed expectations. You challenge and work actively to develop your colleagues. You delegate tasks, share knowledge and ask for help when needed. You believe in cooperation, have strong communicative skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with other departments and external stakeholders.
What about the job
About the job
You will manage and inspire a team of design engineers responsible for product development, product care, cost rationalization and alternative supplier qualifications.
- Responsible for that new designs are in conformance with applicable standards and regulations (IMO, USCG, Class, ISO and internal)
- Verification of new designs and alternative suppliers
- Manage and inspire direct reports and external resources in product development projects
- Develop and implement new technical innovations
- Responsible for resource planning, recruitment and operations of the department
What you know
What you know
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Project Management experience
- Experience of product development processes
- Experience from maritime industry
- Experience of explosion proof design is a merit
- Fluency in English – oral and written
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment, where you will have the possibility to impact the maritime environment. You will be part of a highly motivated support team where we help each other to develop and create value!
For more information, please contact:
Recruiting Manager, Peter Nordström +46 702 177 749
Hr Partner, Sixten Folebäck +46 723 715 615
Francisco Garcia, Akademikerna, +46 (0) 853 065 684
Bruno Smolic, Unionen, +46 708 525 217
Kenneth Widerström, Ledarna, +46 708 525 217
The PureBallast product is marketed and sold entirely by Alfa Laval and you will act within the global Alfa Laval organization, with many international contacts, both internally and externally. You will be employed by AlfaWall AB.
Please send your application no later than 12th of August. Interviews will be held continuously.
Job Reference: 4-EC03723