When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Business Job Title: District Manager Inside Sales BeNeLux
Job Profile Title: District Manager IS BeNeLux
Direct Report To: Sales Director South West Region
Group/ Division: BID
Career Band: 7
Career Track: Management
Position Location: Belgium
Number of Direct Reports:
7 direct reports with diverse market segment and portfolio coverage-
- Portfolios of FBS or full Research Bag
- Mix of Digital, Biotech and Core territories as part of evolved Go to Market strategy 2018
The District Manager ( DM) for Inside Sales BENELUX manages a large and complex team with various portfolio, geographical and market segment coverage. Responsibilities cover all commercial, management and leadership needs of the team. Additionally, the Senior DM IS BENELUX is expected to be heavily involved in driving strategy and projects that have a wider BENELUX portfolio, cross divisional and/or EMEA wide impact. This includes strategy creation, engagement of teams, gaining resources/support, reporting to senior leadership and execution. This team is clearly a growth engine for the EMEA Biosciences Division (BID) business and comes with high expectations and responsibility.
The complex nature of the evolved Inside Sales teams, subsequent to the 2018 Go to Market deployment, requires a higher level of Leadership than was previously required. Each position uses different tools and tactics to maximize business, including Social Network selling, Digital Marketing, etc. The Inside Side (IS) DM has the ability to manage the complexity of the team and business, and delivery impactful results.
The Sr. DM IS BENELUX is a strong member of the Leadership team within the South West Region, and a highly integrated and impactful member of the wider EMEA Leadership team. Taking responsibility for pan European projects and delivering significant commercial impact not limited to Inside Sales territories but for all accounts and all countries.
The Inside Sales function within BID is a great commercial role to start a long career at Thermo Fisher Scientific, either within Inside Sales or in other functions. The role of the DM IS is to carefully recruit, on-board and develop talent for success in Inside Sales and future export to other positions including Field Sales across the Divisions of the Organization. This is a critical aspect of role in the overall success of the Company.
- Coordinate and implement business strategies through a sales team to achieve revenue budgets.
- Accountable for developing sales team’s ability to achieve performance goals.
- Lead and motivate the sales activities of the company in BENELUX Inside Sales.
- Implement management processes that ensure consistent, timely and successful execution of the sales team’s strategies and objectives.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing, motivating and coaching the sales team, and in the successful management of distributor relationships.
- Accurately forecast product sales and revenues.
- Develop and execute comprehensive plans/programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives.
- Assist in the negotiation of new and renewal contracts where appropriate.
- Manage contract pricing within guidelines.
- Manage expenses within guidelines; travel as necessary to meet revenue goals.
- Interact with other departments as needed to communicate changes and provide updated information.
- Actively collaborate with multiple Divisions on mutual growth initiatives.
- BENELUX wide responsibility with EMEA wide project execution/support expectation
- Management of multiple internal and external relationships including at senior/strategic levels
- Expectation of strategy development and execution
- Honours Degree in Life Science subject
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, which must be demonstrated during the interview process.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.