Company & department description
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10.500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
As part of SWIFT’s community mission, we organise Sibos, the world’s premier financial services event where the financial industry eco-system comes together to explore business opportunities, learn about latest trends and insights and connect with peers from all around the globe.
We are looking for a person who is interested in shaping and managing the evolving conference programme and content component of Sibos, working together with the Sibos team and a large range of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should have a keen interest in:
- financial industry trends and translating these into a relevant themes and topics;
- building a comprehensive, varied conference programme schedule with support of internal and external content owners
- investigating, researching and attracting potential top speakers;
- exploring and defining new engaging ways and channels to deliver and promote content to our audience
- following up conference production processes
- building strong internal and external relationships with account managers, customers and suppliers
Our new conference manager should possess excellent project management skills, be an outstanding internal and external communicator and able to hold conversations with people in senior positions, possess excellent writing skills (in English), be able to work against tight deadlines and under stressful situations, have a structured, inquisitive and creative mind, and be an outstanding team player.
You will be shaping and evolving the main Sibos conference programme, following up the different content streams with all relevant stakeholders, manage the speaker selection process, manage coordination and planning of all of the Sibos conference content channels, be the responsible point of contact for our conference production supplier, monitor execution of the Sibos communications plan and liaise with content owners, writers, researchers and content production teams.
1. Content/conference design:
- Research, select and stakeholder conference content themes & topics with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure top-notch quality of the overall conference programme
- Build a balanced and comprehensive conference schedule, taking into account all content components
- Liaise with conference session owners, encourage and support them to develop interesting conference sessions
- Manage speaker selection process together with team member
- Liaise and synchronise with all other content owners
- Research, propose, contract, invite and brief top speakers
- Design plenaries and high-profile sessions with VIP speakers ; be involved in prep calls; rehearsals and ensure flawless on-site delivery
2. Planning and managing the conference content cycle and delivery:
- Plan and manage the conference content cycle
- Organise internal and external briefings, and ensure all relevant parties are aware of roles, deliverables, milestones and deadlines
- Liaise with, support and monitor delivery of conference production partner
- Be the point of contact for conference-related questions from internal and external parties
- Integrate internal and external customer feedback and optimise content mgmt. cycle and processes
- Manage content channels (prior; during and post-Sibos)
- Select and manage editorial content for Sibos Issues, Sibos TV, Sibos videos and other relevant channels
- Liaise with writers, journalists, researchers and producers
- Ensure strict project planning to ensure timely delivery
- Provide input to and monitor content communications plan with communications team
3. Shape the future of content/conference:
- Keep abreast of conference trends and assess potential integration into Sibos conference
- Evolve conference concepts and develop new ways of impactful content delivery
- Engage with various stakeholders, analyse feedback and propose enhancements
Do you have what it takes?
Professional knowledge and expertise :
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid experience in planning and organising, with the ability to focus on the task at hand and deliver on time
- Multilingual skills: Native or near-native in English (both spoken and written), a good knowledge of additional languages is an asset
Skills and personality:
- Ability to contribute to shaping impactful content strategies and executing these strategies in line with corporate objectives
- Open-minded, solutions oriented, and a true team player
- Ability to work under stress and remain calm
- Proactive, willing to take accountability, with a âCan doâ attitude
- Ability to work cross-culturally and with senior management –
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to travel Education – University degree in Marketing, communications, journalism, or a related subject Experience
- Experience in Communications, Marketing, Publications or relevant industry environment
What we offer
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that are waiting for you here at SWIFT. This unique job provides an excellent opportunity to grow your network, gain new insights, be exposed to thought leaders and deliver a first-class community event.