Civil Design Manager
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
You will be part of HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current), a business unit within ABB’s Power Grids division located in Ludvika. The unit develops, manufactures and sells DC transmission systems on a global market. This ABB developed HVDC technology is used to transmit electricity over long distances and for power transmission via submarine cables. HVDC is also used to connect power systems.
- Managing different disciplines and coordinating the civil design projects
- Contributing to design reviews and verification
- Taking responsibility for technical documentation
- Initiating and driving continuous improvement activities
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum two years of civil work experience (more is advantage)
- Experience with coordination of all disciplines of the station design
- Site experience is an advantage
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity and desire to learn about new technologies
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills
- Positive and proactive attitude and high focus on quality
- Fluency in English, written and spoken alike
More about us
Recruiting Manager Lerena Avila, +46 240 78 25 61, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Torbjörn Wilund, +46 240-78 25 73; Unionen: Stefan Barkman +46 240-78 33 04; Ledarna: Christer Fridlund, +46 240-78 29 12. All other questions can be directed to Recruitment Consultant Elias Ströberg, +46 240 78 34 45.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until July 25, 2019, so don’t delay – apply today!
ABB strives to have a diverse and inclusive work environment and we welcome female candidates to apply.