This is a job for a person who likes technology. This nature of the job means that the Business Development Manager has to be a dynamic person with wide ranging knowledge of the business and the business world. He must be pro-active so as to can anticipate the clients’ needs, with a gift for communication and negotiation.
In this position, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for all aspects of business operations, with a strong emphasis on business development. The BDM will be driving efforts to meet market objectives through successful delivery on pre-set targets. You will be responsible for ensuring market requirements are well looked into and well served.
In this role, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for the Business in a specific territory at Harco HIS and will coordinating and reporting to the Managing Director at the HIS Division.
- Execute the company’s sales strategies and achieve established Sales Target of US Dollars X per Quarter by identifying business opportunities through account prospecting and profiling.
- Thoroughly assess the customer’s needs and present an appropriate sales solution to assist the customer in recognizing the technological and business need for our products and their advantages
- Provide effective sales presentations and product demonstrations to prospective customer management including site visits per line of products
- Promote efficiently the image of Harco Group and its mission
- Search and screen new System Integrators when needed and empower existing business relations while adhering to the company’s strategy
- Train customers on the product features and functionality
- Write new projects specifications with end-users, consultants, system integrators
- Develop Company and Product ‘Brand Awareness’ and market education for end-users, consultants, system integrators, storage providers, big network and IT providers, contractors, security association, etc…
- Provide regular status reporting on project issues and forecast
- Install, maintain and configure video security equipment
- Identify existing large analog CCTV installations and migrate to IP
- Gather intelligence information on competition
- Gather beneficial field info
- Prepare appropriate sales order paperwork to ensure purchase order reflects appropriate configuration/solution for the customer
- Manage the quotation process efficiently (pre-sales, follow-up, post-sales, etc.)
- Track all major events related to security in the territories
- Maintain a thorough on-going knowledge of Harco products and technology, as well as industry trends
- Monitor your territory and update the management about legal, cultural, commercial and economic conditions that might effect the company’s operations in the market.
- Work on new ideas, services and objectives
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Business Computer or equivalent; MBA is a plus.
Marketing experience and knowledge is a plus
At least 4 – 6 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above or in a Business IT role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong understanding of retail and wholesale channel management
- Proven exceptional skills in customer management and handling, and resolution of complex issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interface with various groups, customers and partners is a MUST
- Big experience/knowledge of IT
- Excellent verbal and written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Good Negotiating skills and customer orientation
- Strong work ethic, and positive, pro-active attitude and work style is a must
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, as well as time management skills, in order to handle busy work and travel schedule, are required
- Experience/knowledge of CCTV and Video over IP
- Understanding of Wireless systems communication
- Security concepts and Technologies
- Knowledge of Storage solutions is a plus
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, combined with the ability to implement new concepts
- Ability to conduct search for specific subjects on the Internet
- Ability to easily utilize various software packages and office equipment necessary for completion of clerical tasks such as Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint presentations, Office, Visio, Fax, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Arab and English are essential (speaking, reading, writing)
- Hindi or French are optional