LEWIS is seeking a bilingual (Dutch/French) Account Manager for its Brussels office.
About LEWISWe are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just 22 years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 28 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Not bad for an agency that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
What’s behind our success? Well, we’re independent so we can continually reinvest the majority of our profits in the company to propel development. We invest wisely in growth areas such as our social, digital and content teams. We challenge ourselves to stay one step ahead of the competition by delivering innovative solutions for clients which can be activated at pace and scale.
We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. We are Team LEWIS. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
The Account Manager works with both their clients and their team to ensure the efficient and effective running of their accounts. They clearly understand their clients’ objectives and requirements, the commercial terms of their retained accounts and projects and level of resource required to service the accounts. Client facing, Account Managers translate quick but creative thinking into decisive action; providing team management, delegation of tasks and exceptional media relations skills.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, establishing self and LEWIS as an invaluable long-term partner for marketing and communications services
- Understands and avidly follows the news agenda, positioning clients and products within the wider news narrative
- Builds, maintains and develops productive relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers and analysts across national, trade and vertical media channels
- Drafts – and oversees the drafting of – a broad range of written materials including biographies, briefing documents, media alerts, soundbites, Q&As, backgrounders and boilerplates, ensuring a consistent level of high-quality content
- Uses social media platforms to expand own network, develop media relationships and positively impact client results
- Acts as a respected line manager, working closely with line reports to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Monitors team activity levels against budget, increasing and decreasing Individuals allocation where necessary
- Ensures that all activity and results are reported back to the client, providing insight and analysis where possible
Relevant experience of working in a B2B, corporate, consumer or digital communications agency environment at a Senior Account Executive or Account Manager level
Attention to detail
Bilingual Dutch/French with knowledge of English
Understanding of client business issues and requirements
Highly developed presentation skills
Thorough knowledge of media: print and broadcast
Ability to motivate and lead a team
Ability to delegate effectively
Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
Ability to interact with confidence at board-level with clients
Proven ability to keep abreast of current affairs and relate them to client situations
Interested? Send us your resume & motivation letter via Delphine.DePauw@teamlewis.com