Are you a development-minded HSE professional looking for the next step in your career and want to join our company’s journey where safety always comes first?
We are looking for an active safety orientated HSE professional to our HSE team. At Valmet, safety always comes first and health and safety of our people and our partners, as well as responsible environmental management of our activities, are core to every aspect of our way-of-working, services and operations. We expect you to have a strong operational and hands-on way of working, with the capability of utilizing the know-how in our matrix organization.
Your main tasks will be:
- Develop and implement the organization’s HSE procedures so that all employees have a safe and harm free working environment
- Follow up changes in safety and environmental rules, regulations and customer requirements and their impact to our business
- Conduct HSE audits and on-site inspections to verify and enforce HSE practices
- Identify workplace hazards and unsafe equipment, working practices, or working conditions
- Support the line organization in incident investigations, including support in communicating with customers and the authorities.
- Coordinate the training of the organization’s workforce on safety and environment to ensure that they understand and comply with the organization’s HSE policies and standards.
- Participate in the planning and execution of HSE development initiatives
We are looking for a person who has gained experience in HSE by doing and has a strong “can do” -attitude. To be successful in this position you should also have:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in HSE related tasks
- Experience with HSE legislations and practices
- Master´s or Bachelor´s degree from relevant field of studies
- Fluent communication skills in Finnish and English
- Ability to work independently to complete given assignments and deal with demanding occupational safety issues.
- Ability to learn and willingness to develop yourself professionally
- Systematic and result oriented way of working
- Willingness to travel
This is an exciting opportunity for development-minded HSE professional to join a truly global company and have an impact on how we do things in project business by taking health, safety and environmental issues into account. You will be interacting with people across the Valmet organization and global HSE community, who will be supporting your professional development.
Did we catch you interest and you would like hear more? For further information, please contact:
Tuula Laitinen, Director, Quality and HSE, +358 40 573 8957, email@example.com.
Please fill out our electronic application form with your CV and desired salary by June 26th, 2019, the latest. We will begin reviewing applications as we receive them.
Valmet Finland is a smoke-free workplace. Safety value is our priority!
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 13,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork.