View more about BLOC (Blockchain Labs for Open Collaboration)
Share this job
About the job:
We’re looking for a Project Manager to join our team. As our project manager, you are responsible to manage organization of key client projects and technical teams. Your job will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline. You will manage all partners, internal and external. You will work collaboratively with them and need to be comfortable in managing multiple stakeholders. Your experience includes project management from either industry or consulting and being able to work structured and with a great overview of projects. Last but not least, you’ll be working alongside other talented colleagues and partners from our partner organizations and freelance community and collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our decarbonization and decentralization solutions across the shipping, energy and water sectors.
- Develop strategies and operational plans for customers
- Accountable for the successful completion of project team deliverables on time, within budget, and according to specifications.
- Developing project proposals, scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Partner closely with product owners, business analyst to align product architecture with business needs.
- Research, analyse and recommend solutions which meet business and technology needs.
- Manage large IT projects consisting of team members that span across multiple technical domains including embedded systems, network, software, security,etc.
- Manage all project related activities, ensure optimum utilization of resources and ensure all project phases are documented appropriately
- Communicate weekly progress/status of projects to leadership and business units and stakeholders.
- Identify risks/issues, work out mitigation plans/remediation strategies for the projects.
- Develop and set future direction of project work and partnerships.
- A bachelor’s degree or master degree in a related field..
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Program Manager, or 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager.
- Skilled sage of a variety of program management tools and software and basic Microsoft Office package.
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Experience in managing multiple projects at once (Project Management Office).
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Experience in the energy and shipping sectors.
- An ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with a creative approach to work.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies.
- Experience from working on technical and social projects, or prior experience with working in a startup.
Full-time position with a start date from 1 August 2019. We hope to have introduction meetings and initial onboarding in June before the summer holidays.