Are you a dynamic and outgoing sourcing manager with a commercial mindset, technical understanding and strong negotiation competences? Are you a team player capable of strengthening our team competences and contributing to building strong stakeholder relations through your interpersonal skills?
Join us and become Senior Sourcing Manager in Gas Assets where you’ll be part of a team of more than 45 skilled and dedicated colleagues. Gas Assets is a young organisation responsible for maintenance and operation of our two North Sea Offshore Gas Pipelines and the Nybro Gas Treatment Facility as well as acting as technical operator for Oilpipe A/S on their offshore oil pipeline and Filsø Compressor station.
We deliver value by offering gas transport and gas treatment for our gas shippers, as well as being an attractive technical operator for other businesses. You’ll be working in our commercial team currently responsible for commercial sale of gas transport and financial controlling for Gas Assets.
Your main focus will be working closely together with the Gas Assets organisation, hereunder the operational procurement at Nybro with the aim of supporting the business with operation and maintenance suppliers as well as a large portfolio of projects. You’ll become part of the Gas Assets organisation and be linked to Group Procurement for sparring and educational purposes.
As part of a political agreement, our assets and the Gas Assets organisation are undergoing a sales process and are expected to be handed over to the 100% Danish state-owned infrastructure company Energinet in a nearby future, and you’ll be coming with us.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for sourcing cost-effective supplier solutions for our O&M services and CAPEX projects
- establish and execute sourcing strategies that ensure the best available technology within time and at the lowest possible TCO
- e.g. purchase equipment and tools onshore for all phases of gas treatment processes, contractors for facility management, maintenance of electrical systems and high-pressure gas systems as well as various consultants
- e.g. source ships offshore for diving and ROV marine campaigns, various equipment (e.g. subsea valves) and consultants etc.
- be responsible for the procurement process from early market dialogue through sourcing, execution and contract management, while ensuring compliance with the business needs, internal QHSE and Procurement policies.
Furthermore, you’ll establish negotiation strategies with the project team, as well as conduct actual negotiations of commercial terms and conditions mainly in English. You’ll establish agreements with component, construction and installation services as well as build up and maintain SRM with key suppliers. You’ll also form close cooperation with internal stakeholders throughout the projects, and you’ll liaise with the business unit to optimise project processes and drive value creation. Finally, you’ll ensure compliance with the Utility Directive, EU procurement legislation, where applicable.
Your competences include that you
- hold a diploma and/or master’s degree within a commercial or technical field, with extensive work experience within international procurement
- are a skilled sourcing specialist and are able to work under tight deadlines on multiple projects
- have strong communication skills and speak and write Danish and English fluently, enabling you to communicate and negotiate efficiently with your business partners in an international environment
- have a hands-on mindset and are used to working in a changing environment with a wide range of stakeholders placed in different locations and countries.
Moreover, you have a commercial way of thinking and a technical understanding combined with an analytic approach to complex tasks. You have SRM competences to build up and develop the supplier portfolio, and you have distinct people and business acumen, enabling you to develop an effective strategy for completing your tasks and influence suppliers and key stakeholders in the organisation.
Working for Gas Assets in Ørsted
We offer a unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your competences as well assuming a leading role in the development of procurement strategies and processes directly for Gas Assets as a stand-alone organisation. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the energy sector?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 27 May 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please do not hesitate to contact Rasmus Ortmann, Head of Assset Commercial, on telephone +45 99 55 79 76 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for Danish applicants, we will procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work, expected 30 days a year mainly between Nybro and Copenhagen area.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,000 employees develop, construct and operate offshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. Ørsted Customer Solutions’ 500 employees deliver state-of-the-art smart energy solutions and handle all aspects related to purchasing, selling and distributing energy as well as transporting oil and gas from North Sea fields in the Danish sector. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com