We are passionate about the endless opportunities of sustainable packaging, and can’t wait to make customers as passionate about it.
In Stora Enso Packaging Solutions division, we are strengthening our Marketing & Innovation team and looking for an R&D and Innovation Manager. We are passionate about the endless opportunities of sustainable packaging, and can’t wait to make customers as passionate about it. We need bright people to shape and create the best experience for our bright customers – business or consumer. We need you!
YOUR NEXT CHALLENGE
As R&D and Innovation Manager, you will be working together with team members from product management, product development and manufacturing across our Packaging Solutions markets in Europe and China.
Your tasks will include:
- Structure and lead R&D and innovation projects from concepts to commercialisation launch
- Collaborate with Stora Enso’s business units to develop new technologies and products in accordance with the organisation’s strategy to replace fossil-based packaging materials with renewable materials
- Plan, perform and analyse experiments/trials on both laboratory, pilot and full mill scale (internally and with external partners)
- Synthesize results from trials and preparing presentation materials for decision making
- Link technical results and metrics to business value creation through business cases
- Support in preparation of investment proposals together with business controlling and investment team
- Travel to Stora Enso production units and markets, customers, Stora Enso research centers as well as external research institutes.
COULD YOU BE OUR PERFECT MATCH?
Do you have a genuine passion to work with innovation and strong ability to influence and generate results in an international business environment? We believe that you will have the following skills to make it happen
- MSc. or PhD in Paper or Polymer Chemistry, Paper Mechanics or similar
- Minimum 5 years of relevant post-graduate work experience in a senior R&D or innovation role from an industrial corporation
- Documented experience from leading laboratory and pilot scale trials
- Ability to link new technologies and innovative concepts to tangible business value creation
- Knowledge in Paper based materials and related Manufacturing Processes
- Experience from leading technical trials on Large Mill Scale is considered an advantage
- Experience from cardboard/corrugated material, testing and manufacturing as well as technical experience from composite materials and molded fiber materials is an advantage
- Proven technical Project Management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate complex technical solutions to different stakeholders
- High energy and drive
- Business fluent English is a requirement
EXCITED AND WANT TO BE PART OF THE JOURNEY?
Send us an application that best reflects you as a person via our partner Michael Murica at Michael Page. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact him on +46 70 142 35 64
Part of the bioeconomy, Stora Enso is a leading global provider of renewable solutions in packaging, biomaterials, wooden constructions and paper. We believe that everything that is made from fossil-based materials today can be made from a tree tomorrow. Stora Enso shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Oy (STEAV, STERV) and Nasdaq Stockholm AB (STE A, STE R). storaenso.com
The Packaging Solutions division provides fibre-based board materials and corrugated packaging products and services that are designed for a wide array of applications. Our renewable high-end packaging solutions serve leading converters, brand owners and retailers – including those in e-commerce that are looking to optimise performance, drive innovation and improve their sustainability.
The R&D Innovation Manager will report to the Director of Innovations and become a member in the Division Marketing & Innovation function in Packaging Solutions. Location of the position is preferably Stockholm, Sweden, also Helsinki, Finland is possible.