Company: EBSCO Industries Inc
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that seeks to motivate, to inspire, and to provide growth opportunities to its employees. If you are looking to join a team like ours, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Publisher Relations Manager – Stockholm
Manage existing licensing partnerships with publishers in your territory. Help to identify publishers with which EBSCO should pursue partnerships. Pursue new licensing & distribution agreements with publishers in your territory. Facilitate efficient transfer of publisher data to EBSCO. Represent EBSCO at industry events. Develop and maintain a positive relationship between EBSCO and publishers in your territory.
Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland
- Contact publishers and negotiate licenses.
- Update and renew agreements with currently licensed publishers.
- Coordinate with EIS Publisher Content Management group to obtain licensed data from publishers in your territory.
- Coordinate with EIS Publisher Satisfaction, Royalties, and other EIS groups to resolve publisher questions or complaints.
- Coordinate with EIS Sales to accompany them on customer visits (or to arrange separate visits) in order to learn about what content customers wish to see included in EBSCO products
- Obtain publisher data samples and send to relevant EIS teams in prescribed formats so that new publishers/publications may be targeted.
- Focus on priority initiatives and priority publishers as directed.
- Participate in meetings and trainings as directed.
- Develop knowledge of EBSCO its products, and the relationships of various EBSCO divisions.
- Use automated systems including Magtitle, Subscript, and Access databases to retrieve and record information
- Additional projects & initiatives as directed by supervisor.
- Positive attitude
- Good judgment
- Open communication
- Ability to work independently
- Eager to understand
- Team player
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local language.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to identify own needs and ask for instruction.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access and internet effectively.
- Must be able to work at a computer and/or on the telephone for an average of 7+ hours a day.
- Some travel will be required, including some international travel.
- Publishing/information industry experience preferred.
- Sales or marketing experience preferred.
- Advanced academic degree preferred