Technical Project Manager
Do you have a passion for engineering fields of process control and digitalization? Then you can be one of our Technical Project Managers.
About the role
The Project Manager Technical (PM-T) is responsible for all technical decisions related to the design and implementation of process control systems for the Cement and Mining industry. In coordination with the commercial project manager in the digital execution group, the PM-T will coordinate and control the engineering execution of process control systems using project resources from the different FLSmidth’s engineering hubs in the world. Full interaction and communication with internal and external engineering specialty groups are part of the key accountabilities of a PM-T.
About the department
The PM-T is a fundamental role of a structured group that executes process control systems for the different regions where FLSmidth provide services and machinery for different type of customers. The Digital Execution group is a diverse engineering group working to present different type of solutions towards the process control optimization like process control, advanced process control and product machine controls.
You will be:
- Responsible for all plant controls engineering execution and technical decisions.
- Supporting more experienced colleagues in the execution of high complex projects.
- Managing projects with internal or external resources all around the world.
- Ensuring that technical requirements of the project are met in engineering design and the creation of project deliverable.
- Collaborating and communicating with other operational groups, including but not limited to Project Management, Procurement, Quality, other engineering specialized groups.
- Promoting a culture of personal and team safety, including others who may be affected by the company’s operational activities.
- An educational background of Electrical, Electronics or Controls Engineering.
- 8 or more years of experience in control systems design, implementation and project control.
- PLC programming in Siemens, Rockwell Automation, Schneider.
- Proprietary programming libraries experience (Acesys FLS PLC library preferable).
- Scada programming and configuration (FLS ECS preferable).
- Project scheduling and budgeting.
Our commitment to you
FLSmidth helps build societies all over the world by contributing to the infrastructure needed for global economic growth. You take off for a career in an international environment in close collaboration with customers, suppliers and colleagues all over the world based on our values: competence, co-operation and responsibility. Ensuring that safety stays top of mind is part of FLSmidth is committed for being a responsible employer, and we focus on developing your talent through ongoing training.
Application and contact
Questions about the position may be directed to Control Systems Manager Alejandro Murgueitio at firstname.lastname@example.org – Please apply by clicking “apply” on this page. The application deadline is the 7th of June 2019.
Please state where you saw the ad and have reference no. R2964 ready at hand when you contact us.
No recruiters and unsolicited agency referrals please.
FLSmidth is an international engineering company with an annual turnover of approx. EUR 3.3 bn. We are the world’s leading supplier of plants, machinery, services and spare parts to the cement and minerals industries. To maintain our market-leading position, we invest massively in technological innovation, R&D and training of our 11,300 employees worldwide. For further information on FLSmidth business and services, visit http://www.flsmidth.com .