At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a
About the role:
The role of the Project Commercial Manager (PCM) is to assist ROS in achieving higher net margins via supporting ongoing project in Sweden by effective contract commercial management, including change and claims management, all through the life time of the project.
The position focuses on the full identification of contractual obligations, potential variations and possible claim situations, and management of the obligation compliance, change process and claim process accordingly within the mandate and in conjunction with Contracts & Legal, Project Management, Procurement and other relevant departments.
- Define, implement, maintain and support effective contract management and claims management policies, procedures, strategies and activities that promote contractual compliance and prevention of claims and to successfully proceed with legitimate claims by RCS and effectively defend against claims made by other parties, such as the end customer, partners or suppliers
- Define commercial strategies and (co-)lead negotiations on VOs and claims with customer(s), partners, subcontractors; where possible under the contract, be point of contact for the customer & partners in commercial matters
- Hold contract awareness sessions and hold specific obligation/change/claims training sessions as may be required, participate in Change Control Boards, and Risk & Opportunity workshops, form a permanent part of the Project Core Team and act as the main point of contact for the Contracts & Legal function
- Assist ROS Project Management to define, implement, maintain and support effective change management and contract management policies, procedures and activities that grow the project scope, revenues and margins
- Prepare the necessary reports and obtain all necessary approvals, including from BT Group and Bombardier Corporate, as required, in order to validate proposed claim resolution strategies and claim settlements.
- Education required: Legal degree (LL.M), Business Management degree or Engineering degree
- Extensive experience of Project Contract Management, obligation management, change management
- Typically 5-7 years of experience in a relevant role;
- Extensive experience of claims resolution and litigation, cost recovery management, dealing with/interpreting financial information.
- Extensive knowledge of drafting and reviewing terms and conditions and risk assessment and mitigation planning.
- Commercial knowledge.
- High level contract negotiation skills.
- Languages: English – professional, German – is a plus.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: SE-VAS-Västerås
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 14.05.2019, 3:46:11 AM