Are you a creative and dedicated manager that wants to lead our Tech Team with highly talented programmers? Are you interested in Paradox Interactive and just itching to help us take us to the next level? Then you may be the one we’re looking for!
As Programmer Manager at Arctic, our development studio in Umeå, you will be the functional manager of our Programmers with the overall responsibility for making sure our Producers have access to the best person for the game project at hand. You will lead, coach and care for your team while also making sure that the studio utilizes their skills in the best possible way.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on-boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Work with HR to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ Programmers for all Arctic Studio projects
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Evaluate and improve processes and workflows related to a Learning Organization
- Execute on strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s management team that provides leadership and direction.
- Management experience in a project-oriented workplace is preferred.
If you have previous experience from the games industry and/or familiarity with our games and brands, that’ll be considered as a bonus but is not a requirement. What’s important is that you are the type who gets energy from seeing the people around you improve and that you gain satisfaction from helping others overcome their obstacles. You are not afraid of conflicts and when you see an issue or conflict arising you deal with them. You also thrive in a modern, creative office environment where people around you love their jobs and the games we make.
Scope: Full time and permanent
Reports to: Studio Manager
Location: This position is based in Umeå.
If you think that this description matches your background, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working at Paradox. If you don’t match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
Since we strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace, we highly encourage anyone, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think that you’d be a great addition to our team.