Provide overall management of designated products. Manage, promote, direct, plan and coordinate activities for specific products/Product features and ensure synergy with related product marketing managers to ensure that product line objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and parameters.
Promote total quality management. Demonstrate and encourage the importance of internal and external customer satisfaction and quality work.
- Responsible for features, performance, reliability, and maintenance of designated products. Use market feedback for product improvements and new product development process. Document potential product features and extensions, and continuously review and prioritize according to the established process.
- Direct planning of each product development activity and assist in the preparation of the strategic plan for designated products.
- Interface with all appropriate internal departments to communicate product development timetables. Maintain product plans for designated products and initiate new product development.
- In concert with Product Marketing, distribute product information to relevant internal departments, including sales, marketing, support and professional services.
- Supervise technical product training programs for internal departments, such as sales, support and professional services.
- Contribute to market assessments, identification of customer needs, competitive evaluations, and sales and marketing materials as required. Continuously monitor competitive offerings, maintain knowledge of competitive features, and incorporate competitive features, as appropriate. Provide key competitive information and product comparisons to product marketing for the timely maintenance and publication of competitive materials.
- Propose new product concepts and/or line extensions to meet current or anticipated market needs as appropriate and according to the established process. Document product specifications required (PRD); prioritize features and requirements according to the established process; initiate and prioritize the project within engineering, and track product development through project engineering.
- Support field operations and product marketing through joint sales call to key accounts, proposal/bid and development assistance — support Product Marketing in the development of product and application training.
- Initiate and follow up on Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) opportunities by meeting with OEM suppliers and meeting with the legal department to discuss and approve terms.
- Domestic and/or International travel up to 10% is required
- B.S. in appropriate scientific or engineering area and at least 1-2 years’ experience in product management or product owner, or Project Management
- Experience with SCRUM methodology and
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with several types and levels of staff and external contracts, both in writing and verbally. Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively work simultaneously on many priorities. Priorities which change frequently.
- Proven ability to function in a team environment.
Kofax, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V