Join a fast-growing IT company that recently won a reward for being the most attractive workplace amongst IT engineers in Denmark.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Service Manager in Copenhagen (Soeborg) who is focused on creating good customer relations.
Your responsibilities as an Infrastructure Service Manager
You have a good understanding of our customer’s business needs and overall IT landscape and you are responsible for the technical parts in the contract covering the infrastructure area. You will work closely together with our specialists to ensure that all contractual obligations are met.
You are the customer’s trusted advisor and their primary contact when it comes to technical inquiries – in close cooperation with NNIT Delivery Management and the rest of the team.
You are also responsible for the analysis, reporting and presentation of the Availability and Capacity area as agreed with the customer.
Your work assignments include:
- Customer advice and recommendations on services and technologies in order to support the customer business and generate add-on sales
- Overall understanding of the customer IT infrastructure as well as the NNIT service portfolio and reference architecture
- Analysis and advisory of customer KPIs for Capacity and Availability
- Support deliveries on request
- Pre-sales support for existing customers
You will join our dedicated team
Our delivery teams are organized around our customers so you will join a team focusing on one big customer or a couple of smaller customers. The team is led by a Delivery Manager and supported by you.
We focus on long term relationships both in the team and towards the customer and know that trust and good relations are a cornerstone in service delivery.
We are more than 30 Infrastructure Service Managers globally, all working together to create a professional and engaging working environment.
Your qualifications and experience
- We expect you to hold a relevant degree with supplementary education and minimum 5 years of work experience as an architect and a good understanding of the roles as delivery manager, project manager or manager. It would be an advantage if you have worked at an IT service provider or large enterprise infrastructure.
- You have broad knowledge of operational technologies such as server, storage, database technologies, hardware, virtualization technology and network.
- You know what it takes to ensure the availability, capacity and continuity of IT operations.
- You thrive in a busy, highly professional environment and have a structured and focused approach to your tasks. You make things happen through other people and do not mind taking the initiative and getting your hands dirty.
- You are able to communicate technical issues to management and other stakeholders and you create sound relations with specialists from various disciplines. You are extrovert and a true team player.