We are Aptiv!
The potential of new mobility is immense. The power of mobility and increased connectivity to change the world is within reach.
As we move toward an autonomous world, real progress means increased safety, higher connectivity and integration, and total reliability – no matter the time or the place.
Our Aptiv Sweden Technical Center in Gothenburg (formerly Delphi Sweden) continues to win new business and deliver cutting edge infotainment and active safety software solutions to our customers around the globe.
We are now expanding our office in the city center of Gothenburg to help meet customer demands and are looking for an Engineering Group Manager (EGM) within Infotainment and User experience. Contact us to learn more, and join us in the exciting journey we have embarked upon.
The Future of Mobility is Happening, and It’s Happening Now!
Up until now Google has targeted Android mainly towards handheld devices such as mobile phones and tablets. This is now changing. With the latest releases of Android, Google is developing an in-car edition of the Android platform designed to meet automotive requirements and substitute the traditional head unit operating systems such as QNX, Linux, and INTEGRITY, giving the OEMs access to the Android ecosystem. Aptiv is working in close collaboration with Google and our customers to develop head units based on Android.
We are now looking for an EGM to lead and manage a local team of ambitious and highly competent Software Developers at our site in Gothenburg. Your mission will be to lead and enable your team with inspiration and using your expertise for technical guidance.
To be successful in this role we believe you have a strong background as a SW developer yourself and you have already had a role where you managed a team with a successful track record. Together with this you will also contribute in pursuit of new businesses to strengthen our local portfolio and footprint. Previous experience from the automotive industry is highly preferred.
As a person we hope that you see yourself as a social star and solution-orientated rather than problem-oriented. You need to be a self-starter
We promise you’ll have fun in a constantly changing work environment with skillful colleagues and exciting projects with new technologies and possibilities. Join our team. Impact the mobility transformation.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Cooperate with local colleagues and managers to reach our local business goals
- Cooperate and coordinate with other international development sites and departments
- Resource management and allocation
- Competency development of your team
We offer you:
- Exciting and challenging work utilizing new and exciting technology
- Skilled, knowledgeable, and helpful colleagues with great team spirit
- International work environment
- Travel to meet colleagues and customers around the world
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- 5+ years’ experience project management
- 3+ years’ experience with automotive technology
- 3+ years’ direct customer communication/interface
- Master’s degree in business or engineering
- Ability to interface with persons of all levels and abilities, including both customer and internal team
- Self-motivated, well organized, flexible and able to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills
- Experience in a fast-paced environment preferred
- Prior experience with autonomous driving technology preferred, but not required
- PMP certificate preferred, but not required
- Previous knowledge from Agile development, principles and methodologies
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.