“Working with operation for commissioning, warranty and service are very challenging, but the same time interesting. Every day is different and everyday new challenges to solve.
We have allot of engineers from many different cultures spread out in the world working with our systems.
If you like working in a operational team that is dedicated on getting the job done with focus on safety and quality, you will find this position very interesting”
-Jim Jensen Commissioning, & Service Manager at Yara
Help us to make the world a greener place to live!
We welcome the new legal requirement for stricter environmental regulations. Over the next years, thousands of ships worldwide will need new equipment to meet the latest IMO emissions regulations.
We at Yara Marine Technologies can solve the marine sector’s environmental requirements with our energy efficient solutions that have proven to work with great success. Do you want to help reduce environmental impact and promote a cleaner global environment?
As our Commissioning Manager you will be responsible for the Automation- and Service Engineers for our Marine Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems. We are now looking for a strong leader with management experience, the role includes approximately 40 direct reporting colleagues. The position is located at the Operations Office in Gothenburg but will require some travel to ships, yards, customers and other Yara Marine offices worldwide.
Your main tasks will be:
- Lead our Automation and Service Engineers
- Management for Engineers such as; recruitment, performance management, competence development, approval time reports, salary review, provide oversight and direction in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures etc
- Manage and follow up budgets and costs
- Close cooperation with other internal departments, customers and suppliers to enable efficient operations
- Resource planning to ensure high utilization of employees
- Ensures that the engineers work is executed according to Yara Marine Technologies HESQ guidelines
Background and skills
- Previous experience as a Service Technician, Commissioning Engineer or a similar role
- At least 3-5 years of relevant leadership experience, managing several direct reports with a personal responsibility
- Experience from the process industry or the marine industry is an advantage as well as experience from crew management, offshore and/ or technical personnel
- Experience from working with project teams
- Experience of managing and allocate people resources on a larger scale
- Used to the challenges with cross-border travelling/ work visas
- Fluency in English is a requirement
As a person you are well structured, proactive and have a commercial mindset. Time management is key and we see that you have strong interpersonal skills and a good ability to build and establish relationships. You enjoy collaborating with others and communicate well in both speech and writing. You are good at collaborating with customers to establish relationships and enjoy working in an international environment where you meet different people and cultures daily.
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a market leading innovative global company in front of green technology for ships, with strong growth. An open and inspiring environment where your energy will make a difference. We provide great potential for personal and professional development.
For more information about the position, contact Nicole Diener 031-704 51 77 or Maria Ahlén 0708-49 02 88 at Intenso Teknikrekrytering AB.
Let’s make the world a greener place!
We welcome your application as soon as possible, selection is done continuously.
About Yara Marine Technologies
Yara Marine Technologies develops innovative and high performance systems in environmental engineering for the shipping industry. Founded in 2010, the company has extensive experience in the marine industry through its owners and employees. Yara Marine Technologies mission is to develop solutions for exhaust gas cleaning and energy saving that not only benefits the environment, but also creates significant financial savings for the company’s customers. The company is today one of the leading suppliers of marine gas treatment systems. Read more at http://www.yaramarine.com.
sökord: operational manager, manager, chef, driftsättning, service, Commissioning, Service engineer, servicechef, driftchef