Reports To: Director, Nordic/Baltics
Position Location: Oslo area – Position is home based.
Job Summary: Responsible for achieving annual sales and profit objectives and the sales and marketing development of territory.
The individual’s primary objective is to provide the leadership and strategic vision for growth and development of company business in the territory. This person will be responsible for company’s business plan execution of its products to achieve sales growth and profit goals.
The candidate will be accountable to the Director Nordics/Baltics for the effectiveness of the business on a day-to-day basis. The candidate will also be responsible for increasing market share through growing sales with existing products and launching new products into the market.
He/she will interface with the Director Nordics, International HQ, Marketing, Regulatory, Administration and Customer Service.
The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships, as well as with national and local authorities and key opinion leaders to advance business interests, represent and promote the image of the company.
Responsible for managing corporate plan, revenue, expenses and shared targets for the company´s commercial operations by driving company strategy development and implementing the appropriate sales and marketing strategies to achieve agreed goals within the Territory.
Drive company growth by making the best use of human and technical resources within the company for the Territory and ensuring all activities (sales, marketing, administration, etc.) are conducted in a manner consistent with 1) short and long term business objectives 2) global commercial strategies 3) local rules and 4) values of the Company.
Responsible for the effective management in concordance with company policies and strategies aiming at the enhancement of sales volume, product mix, growth in market share and improvement of profitability. The coordination envisages to accomplish a concerted business development in the whole region through use of synergism within the company, efficient unfolding of new projects and advantageous commercial alliances. A major responsibility is the efficient management of resources available coupled with very close contacts in the market and in-house functions such as logistics, etc.
To prepare, control and execute the expense and sales budget for the Territory and to analyse regarding sales development, new launches, marketing activities and promotional investments.
To continuously renovate and harmonize the product portfolio and harmonize marketing tools/tactics in the Territory.
The ability to build collaborative relationships both inside and outside an organization is essential. Teamwork, problem solving, creativity, openness to change and high degree of written and verbal communication skills are key competencies sought. Working effectively with a widespread and multi-discipline team will require strong influencing skills.
Candidates must be able to understand how to work in a marketplace where products are differentiated by the added value provided by the company, such as education, scientific support, working in close knit community of specialist Consultants.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience and success in devising marketing strategy, launching new products and managing structure relationships in line with global strategy and structures.
The ideal candidate will be a proven and exceptional individual who combines area expertise with developed commercial acumen. The successful candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and excellent relationship building and communication skills, to excel in a challenging, fast paced, environment.
Education and Experience
- University degree or post-secondary education in science, healthcare, economics or equivalent. The candidate needs Swedish and English language and knowledge of medical terminology.
- A minimum of 3 year experience in sales and marketing and a proven track record and hands on experience.
- Sales in Vascular, Cardiovascular or similar industry is preferred. Hospital and healthcare sales and marketing experience is an asset.
- Track record of increasing sales revenue and market share. Candidate will have an in-depth appreciation for both sales and marketing and have strong leaderships.
Skills, abilities and behaviours
- Mature individual, self-motivated, disciplined entrepreneurial with a proven track record of achieving sales targets and profit objectives
- Excellent communicator with very good listening skills
- Ambitious, hardworking, demanding and goal oriented meeting deadlines
- Analytical and logical effective decision-maker
- People oriented with a hands on approach
- Organize, plan and implement activities according to established goals
- Power efficient sales processes with high levels of business acumen and service culture
- Create good relationships and networks at different levels, show interest and understanding of other people
- Present and communicate information adapted to healthcare community
- Have an educational capacity to train and support
- Apply specialized and detailed knowledge and sharing of expertise and know-how to others
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Be able to perform independently while contributing positively to the team
- Ability of employing diplomacy, influence and persuasion to achieve objectives and ability to manage both upward and downward
Service involves travel within the region to process customers in the region and deliver training and services around our products. Candidate should hold a valid driving license.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- Achieve working knowledge of our business
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Travel in territory including overnight stay.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key surgeons, accounts and professional groups that may influence business
- Arrange Clinical Workshops and hands on Workshops
- Oversee new product launches and sales strategies
- Achieve sales targets set by corporate
- Utilize efficient territory management
- Attend trade shows (congresses, workshops, etc.), surgical procedures and staff meetings
- Coordinate corporate support
- Arbitrate customer complaints
- Oversee accurate and timely processing of orders
- Create and submit sales reports and plans
For more information about this exciting Position, please call Marie-Louise Borg +46(0)70-355 91 73. You are welcome to apply below!