Storytel is Northern Europe’s largest audiobook service. We offer tens of thousands of audiobooks and ebooks in 16 countries with several new markets launching within the coming year. More than 800 000 subscribers worldwide use Storytel to inspire and entertain.
Storytels tech department is growing fast and as we are branching out a fresh new team in our department we are now looking for a Tech manager to join us on our journey. As a Tech manager at Storytel you are responsible for one or several cross-functional teams of developers, designers and testers that all work together with a specific area or part of Storytels tech platform and apps. As a lead for strong tech professionals in R&D, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you are able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you will do
- You will build and lead a team of developers, designers and testers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Define the Roadmap and prioritisations in close cooperation with a Product Manager and make sure that your team consistently prioritizes the right things
- Be an active part of the Tech management team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- You will be based in Karlstad, but occasionally travel to our other tech offices in Stockholm, Lund, UmeÃ¥ and Copenhagen.
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a tracked record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers and/or designers/testers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
What we offer you
- Experienced co-workers in an open, welcoming, and professionally diverse environment
- Your individual yearly budget for knowledge activities
- An internationally distributed tech department with travel opportunities
- The chance to work with some of the newest technologies on interesting problems related to growth and scale
- A company full of book-lovers who love to share that passion
If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, let us know and we will contact you as soon as possible.