Avis Budget Group EMEA Ltd is a leading provider of mobility solutions across Europe, Africa and the Middle East, where it operates the globally recognised Avis and Budget brands.
Avis Budget is a trusted brand with a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world’s top brands for customer loyalty, with a commitment to true convenience and exceptional service with the Avis human touch.
The Avis brand operates across six continents via a network of over 5230 locations in 166 countries, through wholly-owned subsidiaries in 21 corporate countries complemented by licence arrangements in a further 145 countries.
The Budget brand, serves customers across six continents, through more than 3,900 locations in 124 countries, including over 800 airports. These are predominantly franchise businesses with corporate operations in France, Germany, Spain, UK, Austria, Netherlands and Switzerland.
Budget is an industry leader in providing vehicle rental services to value-conscious travellers worldwide.
Where possible and for customer convenience, the Avis and Budget brands share the same rental locations at many airports, railway stations and other key locations across Europe.
Avis Budget Group EMEA Ltd is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAR), which operates and licenses both brands throughout the world. For more information, on the Avis brand, visit http://www.avis.com or http://www.budget-international.com for the Budget brand.
Manage, support and develop the operational and business performance of assigned Local Market Store.
Actively oversee all daily activities that contribute to creating a great result and a centre of Excellence. Essential duties and responsibilities, shown below, will vary accordingly based on the dynamics of the store.
This person is responsible for delivering a successful P+L in the store and for building business revenue growth in the Local Market where operating.
This position has direct line manager responsibilities for the team at the store. The Assistant Manager is responsible for supervising the directly supervising the team at the Store..
- Owns the business growth of the store by identifying and developing new business relationships in the Local Market.
- Manages the P+L of the store and needs to understand how each rental drives revenue, costs and contributes to profit.
- Manages existing business relationships with existing customers and suppliers to maximise the number and value of business opportunities.
- Manages and motivates the team to grow business performance.
- Ensures the day to day needs of the Store are met.
- Provides training and support to the team to reduce overdue rentals and maximise utilisation.
- Ensures a safe and consistent service is delivered at all times.
- Delivers outstanding customer service with every transaction so as to maximise customer loyalty and sales opportunities whilst taking full ownership of customer complaints and works with onsite and offsite teams to achieve resolution
- Promotes appropriate additional products and services so as to maximise the overall rental revenues whilst delighting the customer with insightful offers that will enhance their journey
- Utilises local fleet pricing knowledge and competitor intelligence effectively so as to maximise the price gained on each customer transaction and minimise penalty costs.
- Understands what metrics drive the overall profitability of the store and monitors own and overall store performance, spots opportunities and suggest improvements so as to optimise performance, revenue and costs.
- Ensures compliance with the company and Store policies & procedures so that a consistent and safe service is provided every time.
- Collaborates with teams to manage fleet KPIs to achieve plan and meet & exceed customer expectations.
- Completes all necessary paperwork, monthly reports, competitive information sheets, contracts, business correspondence itineraries, customer complaints, call reports, expense reports, etc. accurately and timely, as required.
- Demonstrates behaviours that support Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Becomes an expert in delivering excellent customer service and is an advocate of the ABG Sales and Service Process.
- Leads by example and provides coaching and support to the team.
- Monitors and drives CSI performance and improvement in Net Promoter Score for the Store and self.
- Resolves customer issues effectively to provide positive experiences.
- Displays an excellent understanding of local competition/pricing and works with Store Manager and Local Market Manager to implement pricing to maximise fleet utilisation and rental revenue.
- Leads lead generation and builds a strategy in conjunction with the Local Market Manager to search within the local marketplace to identify new business opportunities.
- Performs other duties as required.
Authority / influence over resources:
Manages the entire performance of one location and its corresponding revenue.
Acts within the scope of position/company guidelines.
Authority for change:
Is innovative and drives a consistent culture of Continuous Improvement and Lean principles
Internal / external interaction:
Manages the team on site
Reports into Local Market Business Manager.
Internal – RSA’s/Team Leaders/Trainee, Assistant and Store Managers/Senior Managers within business
External – Customers – Direct and Corporate
Education and professional qualifications:
Educated to Degree level or equivalent standard
Work experience / background:
Proven experience of providing excellent customer service and of working in a sales targeted environment, ideally in field operations demonstrating capability in all core fields: Customer Service; Sales, Logistics, Finance.
Ability to work in a team environment
Flexible approach to working hours and tasks
Technical / business skills & knowledge:
Demonstrated sales ability.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences on a wide variety of topics, including communicating all relevant operational and performance data to the team
Ability to coach and influence others to increase performance levels.
Strong team-building skills and ability to motivate team to continuously improve performance. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
Proficient Computer skills, Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills. Prior experience working with operations performance software a plus.
Valid Driver’s License.
Travel between Stores and to Territory Team Meeting is required.