Division Offshore Location: Denmark , , Brande
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
It has been two years since we set out to lead the transition to a more sustainable world, empowering people and making the most of the potential of the wind. And we made it. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters: clean energy for generations to come. With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide and is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
R&D Project Manager for Offshore DD Generators
Job ID: 14354
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Denmark
Mode of employment: Full Time
About the position
For our Offshore Technology DD Platform in Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Brande, Denmark, we are looking for a skilled Project Manager to lead product development projects, within mechanical and electromechanical domains, for future offshore wind turbines. You will join a PMO department of experienced project managers in a supportive and professional environment, where we expect to learn from you, just as you can expect to learn from us!
What are my responsibilities?
- Lead technical product development projects with focus on mechanical and electromechanical design: Manage development and implementation of solutions for DD generators, in close cooperation with a team of technical PMs and engineers
- Full project responsibility in terms of time, cost and quality delivered – from scoping phase until project closure
- Delivery of technically robust and fully compliant designs to the best possible product cost
- Lead the project team in close cooperation with the technically responsible engineers and the Chief Engineer
- Project breakdown, planning and execution; from top level plans down to executable tasks tracked in monthly sprints
- Project execution in accordance with Siemens Gamesa Technology processes and tools
- Stakeholder and risk management in the project including reporting
- Securing alignment with turbine development projects and across departments/modules to ensure priorities and deliveries
- Coordination with other modules, prototype workshop and supply-chain, as well as with external suppliers and partners
- Continuous improvement of the project development process, as a part of the PM team
- NPI of the developed solutions. Full sourcing and manufacturing setup at suppliers and with Siemens Gamesa plants.
- Ensure close cooperation with Procurement, Production, Installation and Service to guarantee optimal solution for our customers
- To be the best possible ambassador for your project and for the department!
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Background or experience with wind turbine design or application is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
- Preferably, you have an education within mechanical, electromechanical or marine engineering combined with several years of experience of project management, preferable within product development / R&D
- It is a big advantage to have experience with project management of complex projects with multiple stakeholders and suppliers. It is an advantage if you have documented your experience through relevant Project Management certification (for example IPMA B/C, PMP, Prince2 Foundation/Practitioner) and a relevant project track record
- Your leadership style foster development of trust in the organization and to your project
- It is a requirement to have strong communication skills in English, both orally and in writing
- It is natural for you to keep a holistic overview of your project, without missing the important details
- You have experience with or insight and ability to work along the entire value chain – from Sales until the turbine is handed over to customer / Service
- You have a structured approach to your assignments and can handle project scope changes occurring in a dynamic R&D environment to the full satisfaction of your stakeholders.
- You are an excellent planner and is used to networking and creating strong relations
- Ability to apply the commercial angle into the project and related products to deliver projects and products on target cost
- You possess and use the ability to engage stakeholders through strong collaboration
- You are outgoing and proactive, and you possess the ability to work both independently and in teams
- You thrive in a multi-cultural environment and you are familiar with working in large matrix organizations
- You possess excellent people management skills, and can interface with numerous parties
- You are prepared for travelling – normally not more than 15-25 days / year
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Apply online in English for the job at https://www.siemensgamesa.com/en-int/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark
Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager SÃ¸ren Mathiasen via phone +45 30376110 or email Soeren.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for application: as soon as possible
If you want to know more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqC5eFU3Jo&t=8s